• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Quantum Astra-X - PURE BEEF!

zj1002

* Ace Member *
So for those that haven't heard, Millennium is releasing a one-time run of the Astra-X

This is the same mold as the popular Astra but it has been stabalized. The wing is pulled up for super high parting line, super domey, and run in stardust jolly launcher Quantum plastic.

I got to throw one this weekend, definitely one of the most pure overstable discs I have ever thrown. Lots of fun to throw because you know it won't ever turn. If you have thrown ESP Venoms this disc isn't far off in flight. Just pure beef.

DN and affiliates will have them for sale soon as well.

I threw one of the first releases that said "Proto" on the back. ZJ isn't lying, these are straight BEEF.

I was given one of these about a month ago and was blown away by how different these are from what you expect from an Astra. Having never thrown a Venom, I can't comment on that comparison, but I can say that even though these are ridiculously overstable, they don't just dump out of the sky like a flat top firebird. The dome seems to give them a touch of glide, but only enough to keep them fading forward. These are very comfortable in the hand because they don't have a super wide rim, but the rim is pulled out a little so it's a partial plus mold feel which I don't really like. I doubt it'll ever make the tourney lineup, but it's funny to throw at leagues because people who know what an astra is supposed to fly like see it and go slack jawed.

It's crazy overstable even into a 45mph headwind.

Easier to throw...haha

Like a speed 11 stiletto to be honest, but because the rim is smaller it is easier for me to get it up to speed. I can control it a lot better than the Stiletto. Same sort of dumpiness, but it doesn't demoralize you.

Necro!!

Just took an Astra X out for 2 rounds. I absolutely love it! It does what I want my firebird to do, glide out a bit more, and swoop fade rather than dump. It is beefy, and I'm hooked.

Just totally ignored headwind as well.

Bagged it, Astra X in, firebird out.

Definition of an Astra - X vs a stock Astra?
Sorry for cluttering up a thread...

I'm no expert, but from what I understand there was a run or two of "stabilized" Astras. I'm not sure if it was an error or fluke in molding or if the mold itself was tweaked. They are definitely overstable though, and don't feel much different from my other Astras.

Perhaps a millennium expert has more details.

Latest posts