• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommendation on new lighter bag

justinrick

I currently have a Dynamic Discs Ranger H20 that I got an offer I couldn't refuse on. Ive been playing with it for about a year and it is an awesome bag, but the bag is freaking heavy and cumbersome. Looking for recommendations on a lighter bag since I only use about 10-12 discs.

I currently have a Dynamic Discs Ranger H20 that I got an offer I couldn't refuse on. Ive been playing with it for about a year and it is an awesome bag, but the bag is freaking heavy and cumbersome. Looking for recommendations on a lighter bag since I only use about 10-12 discs.

Price range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really a price range since I am willing to pay for a quality bag, but lets just say under 200.

Seconding the Upper Park Shift. Very light, very functional. Protip: use the side storage first, then the vertical storage. It will help give the bag structure and stand up with less discs in it.

I use the Innova Standard Bag. Light and so easy to carry. Also well made, I've used mine a ton and am on my second one.

Innova Discover and Dynamic Discs just realased some small Backpacks. The Innova one works fine, my brother has his with 15 discs in it working just fine for $24. Not sure on the Dynamic disc one but it copies the Upper Parks Urban model so if you like to have more then one water bottle holder this is for you but at $25.

These are in the next step up from beginner/small single strap bags to backpacks that it seems will dominate this field soon, taking over the slot for the old single strap bags.

Would guess the UPD Shift and Grip C-series bag would probably be your best bets. As an owner of the Grip C14 and C15, not the biggest fan of the new CS2 bag and price point. Maybe find a slightly used C14 or C15 if possible. Dont own a Shift but they seem to get a lot of love on this site, half tempted to try one myself.

Upper Park Pinch is another great option.
Recommend building a PVC frame for the main compartment, then you can get 13 discs in there plus 2 in the putter pouch.
That leaves you with the side pockets, top pocket, and valuables compartment for other storage needs.

I've been using this as my casual bag since they originally came out, only thing it doesn't accommodate well would be storage for additional clothing but it easily handles everything else.

I carried an Upper Park Rebel for about a year and liked it, but I wanted something lighter and went with the Shift. My only complaint is lack of stability on uneven terrain (tips over a lot), but it's lightweight and comfortable.