• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Red Rocks going to 18!!!

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
For those of you in the Denver metro area, I just found out that the course at Red Rocks CC is going to be adding 9 holes and should be an 18 hole course by September sometime!
The holes we now know as 2, 3, & 9 are going away.
I've been told that there will probably be a need for some volunteers, so as I hear things I'll post them...otherwise if you go to school or know anyone who goes to school at RRCC, ask them if they know what's going on and how we can all help out to get this up and running!
Oh, and they're putting in garbage cans at every other hole!

I've seen the planned layout for the whole 18 and it looks sweet! Just please everyone, help out and keep this course clean and incidents to a minimum. I know that there was some concern about putting the course in in the first place and then expanding it...but it's going to be absolutely awesome!

wow that is great news. bummer on loseing hole 9 though that was a fun hole (sometimes)

Dude you're telling me! I'm rallying for them to keep the basket out there as a practice basket or as a bonus hole for those who know...I don't think I'm going to win this one though, with the new layout it doesn't make much sense...

so is it going to expand to the hills on the side that has the newer tee for hole 9? that is where we always wanted it to be added in

Excited to hear it. Have yet to play it at all, and heard good things, but now it will definitely be a bigger draw.

The west side will be a great DG area once this course is expanded and if Camgolfer's new course goes ahead as planned.

Doesn't hurt that both are right where I come out down from the mountains either.

I had heard this on the mile high boards. Where did you see the layout? I am interested in helping out with anything for this course. Does the addition of baskets also mean concrete tees? (crossing fingers)

Excited to hear it. Have yet to play it at all, and heard good things, but now it will definitely be a bigger draw.

The west side will be a great DG area once this course is expanded and if Camgolfer's new course goes ahead as planned.

Doesn't hurt that both are right where I come out down from the mountains either.

Not sure if I am getting anything going soon. I had talks with Wheat Ridge, but due to lack of space that is zoned correctly we can't do anything there. Superior, CO is getting a 9 hole course and we are talks with Denver on improving Globeville.

I'm from St. Louis, but I got an uncle living in Denver. It'll probably be a couple of years before I get out there, but I've read a lot of good course reviews from that area and am excited to try them out when I get out there.

I had heard this on the mile high boards. Where did you see the layout? I am interested in helping out with anything for this course. Does the addition of baskets also mean concrete tees? (crossing fingers)

My buddy Andrew goes to school there and is heading up the project, so he showed me the layout.

I'm not sure if there will be concrete tees or not, if there is, I don't think it will be on every hole. But it will be really interesting and is going to have some decent length. The new #9 is going to teee off on the island behind what is now the 6th basket and will go up over the gully and will end about ....150 feet short of what is currently the #9 tee.

I'll let you know when we're going to be doing stuff. Andrew told me they will definitely be looking for help, so I'm planning on going up to do whatever...I'll keep you guys posted.

I am interested in seeing the layout if you can get your hands on an electronic copy.

I am interested in seeing the layout if you can get your hands on an electronic copy.

I'll see what I can do, but I'm not real confident I'll be able to get it electronically unless I can take it off his hands and run into my office and use the scanner....I'll see what I can do though. I think I'm going to play tonight and I was going to shoot Andrew a text...if you're interested, let me know because I'm sure he'll have the layout on him and is more than happy to talk about it and is looking for input...

Not sure if I am getting anything going soon. I had talks with Wheat Ridge, but due to lack of space that is zoned correctly we can't do anything there. Superior, CO is getting a 9 hole course and we are talks with Denver on improving Globeville.

Aw, thats a bummer. Stupid zoning regulations. City Hall always keeping the disc golf man down.

Is the Superior course going to be in a good area?

I am not too familiar with Superior.

Here is the link to the news article about the course from the Daily Camera in Boulder.

any news on when the expansion is supposed to be finished? It is difficult to justify heading all the way down there for 9 holes, but 18 would make it worth the trip.

any news on when the expansion is supposed to be finished? It is difficult to justify heading all the way down there for 9 holes, but 18 would make it worth the trip.

Spring 2010 is the expected completion for the full 18 according to PJ. The 9 holes that are there currently are nice. You can make a trip there then hit Bird's Nest on the way back.

I talked to John Bird about Red Rocks. He said they wanted him to help design it for Free. He said he did do a walk through and thought the current 18 hole plans were pretty good. I miss the old Tee location on 9 but John said that there were lots of disc marks on the glass on the bridge. I hope hole 4 stays the same! It is quite a good feeling to be parked next to the basket on your drive when the wind is blowing through the valley! When I played Tags with Mile High DG there, they played a Mando on hole 8 that your disc had to pass to the right of the road on your drive. Do you all play it that way? I met some guys who say road and anything left of it is OB. I think loosing 2 and 3 is OK, because if you play after work there, they turn the sprinklers on you... But sprinkler time is one of the reasons, that my review should be helpful. I came by those facts the hard way LOL!

I know that the disc golf club at Red Rocks CC did a lot to get this going. I am excited to see it come together.

Latest posts