• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reptilian Disc Golf Gecko Bag (Casual Round Bag)

Man, if they'll hold a Zephyr I'm gonna have to get one now...

"The Lid ready business-casual bag" :clap:

Second batch of Geckos arrived yesterday. They look really really really nice.
I'll have them posted sometime soon. Damn work..

Seriously, that's a point worth advertising. This is a huge plus for me. Wanted to throw my normal Grip loadout today after a so-so round yesterday, but you better believe I'm doing a Condor+putter round tomorrow.

Plus, once you get around to making a lid in Fossil, you know it'll fit.

One suggestion I'd make (and this goes to anyone making a casual round bag like this) is to ditch the closure flap. I've used a Nut Sac for many years, and the flap is basically totally unnecessary and usually in the way. I've never had a disc fall out. I'd have cut the flap off years ago if it didn't have a sentimental vintage patch sew on. With the Gecko, it looks like the flap also gets in the way of the rear driver pouch.

I could see a redesign without the flap, move the zippered pocket to the back, and move the driver/putter pouch to the front. If you still want a grab handle and/or are concerned about discs falling out, then two grab handles that have the wrap around velcro connection (like a duffel bag) could be placed on either side of the top of the main compartment and you've hit two birds with one stone.

Still, very cool bag for the money!

One suggestion I'd make (and this goes to anyone making a casual round bag like this) is to ditch the closure flap. I've used a Nut Sac for many years, and the flap is basically totally unnecessary and usually in the way. I've never had a disc fall out. I'd have cut the flap off years ago if it didn't have a sentimental vintage patch sew on. With the Gecko, it looks like the flap also gets in the way of the rear driver pouch.

I could see a redesign without the flap, move the zippered pocket to the back, and move the driver/putter pouch to the front. If you still want a grab handle and/or are concerned about discs falling out, then two grab handles that have the wrap around velcro connection (like a duffel bag) could be placed on either side of the top of the main compartment and you've hit two birds with one stone.

Interesting.......

I really like this idea actually. The flap, while highly functional, does seem to be a little cumbersome to get around. Especially when loaded with keys, phone, wallet. I think I could dig a topless bag.

I also really like that idea, but don't think I can wait until the next release for those changes. I may pull out the sewing machine and make similar adjustments however... IF i get one for Father's Day...

disc golf with your flap off

:thmbup: I'd buy that in a heartbeat...
Interesting.......

I really like this idea actually. The flap, while highly functional, does seem to be a little cumbersome to get around. Especially when loaded with keys, phone, wallet. I think I could dig a topless bag.

Orange for sure! If you ran navy/orange or navy/yellow I'd buy without thinking twice.

I'll add that to our next run. I think that would look neat as well.

I'm really happy with how these turned out. Really some eye popping colors.

They're selling quick!

For my DGCR friends....

Use promo code RDGFAN for free shipping on the whole site...

This isn't the free shipping where everything is a few dollars higher than normal. This is some crazy cheap goodies this week only. Hop on it and nab a Gecko while you can for $40 shipped!

For my DGCR friends....

Use promo code RDGFAN for free shipping on the whole site...

This isn't the free shipping where everything is a few dollars higher than normal. This is some crazy cheap goodies this week only. Hop on it and nab a Gecko while you can for $40 shipped!

Wah wah, that's what i get for being an early adopter

:wall: wife just ordered mine for Father's Day gift but didn't get my message about this free shipping code in time...any way I can get a Serpent thrown in? I already bag 2 Scales :thmbup:

I like this idea too. If you remove the flap you no longer really have a front and back, just a zippered pocket or pockets on one side and pouch on the other and you get to decide which side sits against your body. If the flap remains then maybe the pouch and pockets could all be moved just to the front of the bag so when open everything is accessible. The flap could still have a zippered pocket for phone/keys/etc but would no longer get in the way of anything when open.

I still would like D-rings in place of the fixed strap so I can easily replace that strap with something different or just leave it off.

The plastic clip has been replaced with a metal one (based on what I can see in the RDG pictures) which I find much easier to open. Can't quite see how the strap is connected especially on the water bottle side? Same as before?

I like the look of the Camo bag the best with black used as a minimal trim color and I also like the look of the original front flap over the redesign. Was the complexity added to accommodate the mixed colors or is there some change in functionality as well?

Thanks for all your hard work! I love having more small bag options and would be interested to know if you will continue tweaking or if this second round of bags is your final design.