• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Review and critique my bag

TJ461vs

Just discovered disc golf last spring and have been addicted ever since. I've been a regular reader of the forums and have learned many tips to help improve my game. Would like a review of my current bag and see what over lap I may have or holes that I need to fill.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 8 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Wizard: 175/200'; Buzzz: 250/275'; Valkyrie: 300/325'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Tennis Elbow, lower back stiffness at times
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, Ball Golf
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I like my bag and have been playing with it since the fall. Just want some honest reviews
Specific areas of desired feedback: Want to ensure that I have all the bases covered
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more consistency in the short-term, and gain some additional distance in the long-term

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
169 Star Valkyrie - straight flyer, still fairly new
170 DX Valkyrie - main distance driver, will fade right if I throw flat
167 DX Valkyrie - beat, deffinatly fades more right. Hyzer flip disc
175 Champ Banshee, (used) - overstable/headwind
172 Champ Eagle X - headwind driver, will finish left
175 Champ Teebird - just added to bag, not sure yet
175 DX Teebird - fly's straight
170 DX Teebird - main driver, starting to fly understable due to wear
170 Champ Leopard - anny's

Mids:
172 Z Wasp - overstable mid, finishes left
171 Glow Z Buzzz - main mid
167 ESP Buzzz - get out of trouble mid, flick mid
177 ESP Meteor - hyzer flips, annys.

Putters:
175 SSS Wizard - main putter
175 SSS Wizard - driving putter
175 Summitt - approach disc

looks pretty good, no big gaps. i would drop the banshee and leopard, the eagle-x and teebird should be able to cover those shots. at your current power level, i would keep your drivers <170g. anything above that will not get up to its proper speed and (generally) fly overstable. champ teebirds are great but your new 175g will probably fly similar to the champ eagle.

get a pro d or elite x buzz and beat the crap out of it. i would also recommend a firmer wizard for driving and approaches. more consistent flight and more durable for harder throws. try a SS in the low 170's.

yeah I like what you have here. Very clean cut, but covers the basics. I agree with GLong about lighter weights. A beat DX teebird will cover your turnover shots.

Thanks for the reviews! I have a couple questions from the replies. I have a 174 EZE Pure, would that work has a good driving putter or is it a bit neutral for a driving putter?

Will the Eagle X start to fly more neutral as my power level increases, or will it continue to fly somewhat over stable. Should this be my spike hyzer disc?

I have used the Banshee for hyzer spike throws and get out of trouble thumbers? Does a Firebird fly different than a Banshee other than being a faster disc?

Lastly would an Elite X or Pro D Buzzz after beating in some replace the Meteor has an under stable mid? I think that might be the case with knowing how my Glow Buzzz flies now.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

The Pure is neutral, but I love it as a driving putter, however I drive with opto or gl. If you're used to the wizard the pure may not have a flight you like and if you're not playing on open courses eze will probably beat in pretty quickly. A firebird is faster and more overstable than a banshee. I don't throw eagles or buzzes so I'm not helpful answering those questions.

Latest posts