• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revo Carolina Vs. Dual Pack

Damn!!

You people have way too much knowledge and information. My pea-sized brain cannot compute. I'm just going to get real drunk tonight and throw darts at pictures of each bag. Which ever one I hit more will be what I buy. Thanks for all the suggestions and info. I don't remember who started this post, but thanks to you too. It has given me some more info.

ReVo

I have had a dual pack for about a year and a half now and it is holding up strong. I have been rough on my bag and it is showing some signs of wear on the bottom from dragging it around wrecklessly. As far as a putter pouch, I use my top storage with a standard bag disc divider and I carry 4 to 6 putters easily with a rag or two to boot. Also, I have no problem getting disc out unless it is one of my seldom used discs 1 on each side. I love the thing for tournaments but casually I simply use a Innova Standard Bag ($20) to carry about 10 discs, a rag, and a bottle of good ole h2o. Dual Pack is a beast of a bag, just decide if it is more than you really need.

Dual pack

It probably is more than I need, but after loading my discs into this site tonight it is obvious I am a disc junky. I am casual but like to experiment and throw different things once in a while. I mainly throw about 6 or 7 discs, but it is nice to have discs for water holes, big hyzers and just for plain screwing around after a real bad front 9. Either way it will be a good bag.

How many discs does the carolina bag hold in the main compartment?

I have 14 in my main compartment on the Carolina right now, there is room for 4-5 more.
+2 in putter pocket.

This bag is badass.

I stuffed a 6pack and an ice pack in one side pocket and windbreaker and other crap in the other.

Or leave em empty and its light!

Dual pack

I talked to a guy with a dual pack on the course today. He said it does get hot in the summer. His back sweats like a faucet. And it is huge. He said he only use's it when he is taking about 40 discs out to practice with. I tried it on and it is comfortable though. I think it would be great if you play tourney's or just want to lug 30 discs around. Probably not for me, but a good bag for the hardcore guys that play a lot of competitive golf. The size and flexibility of the Carolina may be better for a casual player. With that bag I could go light, load up with discs, or load up with brews. I don't think there is a correct answer. Just depends on the player.

anyone have any thoughts on the dual pack LIGHT? Im mainly concerned with the top compartment sagging and if the side pockets provide any room at all. Also, it doesnt look like the straps clip together like the dual pack.

thoughts?

I used to always say that I would never carry around more than 5-6 discs. Mainly because I put 14 in a regular bookbag and it killed me to lug that thing around the course. I went ahead and purchased a dual pack at a later time though because I loved having the room for my wallet, keys, rain jacket, extra minis, drinks, lunch.....

Anyway now I do carry 14 discs, but the dual pack feel very comfortable. Because of the weight dispersion I do not think I would like a regular disc bag with quad shocks.

I was looking at both as well. I bought a carolina in the fall of last year. Its a great bag and i highly recommend it. The internal frame is awesome for keeping discs in place and can hold more than you need. The side pockets are huge, you can fit a sweatshirt in them if you get too hot. I use one for all my random stuff: minis, cell, keys, towels, etc. The other i keep 4 extra discs in. They come in a lot of different colors and are very well made. Mine still looks almost knew.

Revolution Seattle bag with Gore-tex?

I currently have a Revolution Pro bag from a few years back that has held up very well, though it does have some holes in the bottom liner where the frame corners have rubbed over time. I have seen and fondled some of the Revo Dualpacks out on the course and they seem a bit much for my needs. Since I love the Pro bag(1 drink holder)with quad shocks, an upgrade to the Carolina bag is nearly a foregone conclusion for me at this point...

My question for those in the semi-know..... IS the rumored Revolution Seattle bag with Gore-Tex actually in the works and possibly available in the near future? After this year's wet winter in the Carolina mountains, I would hold out for that, even if the price tag were to approach 2 bills with G-tex.

I currently have a Revolution Pro bag from a few years back that has held up very well, though it does have some holes in the bottom liner where the frame corners have rubbed over time. I have seen and fondled some of the Revo Dualpacks out on the course and they seem a bit much for my needs. Since I love the Pro bag(1 drink holder)with quad shocks, an upgrade to the Carolina bag is nearly a foregone conclusion for me at this point...

My question for those in the semi-know..... IS the rumored Revolution Seattle bag with Gore-Tex actually in the works and possibly available in the near future? After this year's wet winter in the Carolina mountains, I would hold out for that, even if the price tag were to approach 2 bills with G-tex.

the owner denied this a year or three ago on DGR. i'd find the post if their search wasn't down (for several months now). Carolina>Dualpack

Gents,

I hate threadcap but I've owned several Revo Bags and their bags are great however, in the same realm, are the GorillaBoy bags.

A comment made earlier in the this thread was that it was cumbersome to get your disc out of the Dualpak. As a former owner of the pak...i agree. It was a pain quite often. However, since i wanted a large backpack rig, i went with the GorillaBoy Simian.

The Simian makes getting ANY disc out of your bag...super easy! The tiering system is incredible and the adjustable putter pocket straps work superbly.

Both are pricey...but you get quality with both bags. The Simian is the ultimate tour bag...and if you carry ALOT of extra gear...the Dualpak is for you.

I'm trying to be unbiased as both companies make great bags. You can't go wrong with Revo or GorillaBoy.

Again, please excuse the threadcap. I've got experience with both and wanted to share my hotpoints.

Mike

I went with the Carolina. Dual pack looks cool, but it is big, and was overkill for me. I carry about 17 discs in my main compartment with a couple scrubs for water holes in one of the side compartments. For me the Dual pack was too much, but if you are playing tournaments and feel the need to carry everything you own then what the hell. But you should probably also check out the Gorilla Boy Simian and the Mystery Ranch Golf Majal as well. If you're going to spend that much money make sure you get the best bag for you.

...Mystery Ranch Golf Majal as well. If you're going to spend that much money make sure you get the best bag for you.

This thing a HUGE....but highly modular. The harness seems to be second to none! Price Tag is brutal, even for my liking.

I agree. Just trying to give him options. Who knows, maybe he's loaded and wants to spend $300?

Latest posts