• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RHBH- First Form Check

I have been playing seriously since 2019 and did a lot of field work during COVID, but haven't recently. I started focusing closely on form again and want to get to a place where I can throw with less effort. Below are some videos from yesterday (sorry about the side view into the sun). I can hit over 400' consistently and did get a throw out to 470' (measured with Udisc) on one of my throws playing yesterday.

Back view- Felon on a hyzer.

Back view- Halo destroyer on anhyzer

Side view- Raider on slight anhyzer

I should also mention that my most recent focus has been on leaning over more and that's been a huge improvement. I feel like I'm leaning enough to fall forward when I'm throwing but can see from the video that it's not that much of a bend. Feel vs real.

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
You are leaning too over your toes and moving too westward and have no leverage on rear leg/hip depth/buttwipe. Note how much more centered and compact Paul is winding up back deeper inside his posture and his rear leg/femur is leveraged across the rear side axis.

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 1.15.18 AM.png

Thank you very much for the feedback and will get to work! It's crazy to me how you can feel like you're moving in a straight line but are stepping that far westward. Do you think me stepping that far westward is why it feels like I have to lean out so far forward to get the disc outside my body? For example, if was stepping 2 feet to the left side of the teepad then the disc would have to be 3 feet left of my back foot.

Latest posts