• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ridge Roller Bag?

I was looking into this bag, I like a backpack but want a seat and a well built option with a cart is all a plus. Its a WISCONSIN made and I'm from WI so that's a + too. My ONLY gripe is how the putters are stored, it looks like its just a lil pouch that you rest them in and don't look very taught or secure. Does anyone have a handful of pictures or a video of their bag kinda up close or detailed. All I see in reviews are from afar or just showing a dude pulling the cart. Also curious how the base is and if there is a lining on the bottom (inside) for the discs to rest or is that just flat and solid?

just want more info etc as I am Poor and cant afford to dump 300-500 just cuz

RidgeRoller.com

Lots of pics and you can zoom in for detail

I was looking into this bag, I like a backpack but want a seat and a well built option with a cart is all a plus. Its a WISCONSIN made and I'm from WI so that's a + too. My ONLY gripe is how the putters are stored, it looks like its just a lil pouch that you rest them in and don't look very taught or secure. Does anyone have a handful of pictures or a video of their bag kinda up close or detailed. All I see in reviews are from afar or just showing a dude pulling the cart. Also curious how the base is and if there is a lining on the bottom (inside) for the discs to rest or is that just flat and solid?

The putter pouch is one of the best features of the Ridge.. 3 putters up high for easy access and they are very secure.. the pouch is huge inside and with the plead on the closure makes it expand to zip it up super easy. On the bottom of the bag is a hybrid rubber toughest material I could find. Inside bottom of the bag is padded covered with rip-stop material. Hope that helps also join the RidgeRoller cartel page on facebook. Thanks guys

I keep 3 putters in the pouch and they're held in securely; add a 4th and they become slightly difficult to remove.

He base is very solid since it's part of the built in seat and the the discs rest on that. I'll try to get some pics later today or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that is correct backpack made in China frame Roller made in Wisconsin. I do not go China direct I use a subcontractor company based in the USA so I'm trying to support as much as I can. I have USA manufacturing but the price of the bag would be well over 350$ retail if I did that. It totally sucks and sad.. hopefully someday I can employ my own people to sew the bags. One can only dream. Thanks again for all the support!!

Hey I'm from WI and am just finding out about these bags/carts. It looks like it has verything i could want in a bag/cart. Where in WI are these made? And are there any stores that carry them yet? I live in Eau Claire but travel to Manitowoc often to visit family. Thanks!

Yes that is correct backpack made in China frame Roller made in Wisconsin. I do not go China direct I use a subcontractor company based in the USA so I'm trying to support as much as I can. I have USA manufacturing but the price of the bag would be well over 350$ retail if I did that. It totally sucks and sad.. hopefully someday I can employ my own people to sew the bags. One can only dream. Thanks again for all the support!!
Sorry, first time posting on a thread like this. Was trying include Rocs8x9x comment in my last post. Wondering where in WI these are made and if there are any stores carrying them yet. Looks like a great setup but would like to eye it up in person before committing to a big investment like that. Thanks

Sorry, first time posting on a thread like this. Was trying include Rocs8x9x comment in my last post. Wondering where in WI these are made and if there are any stores carrying them yet. Looks like a great setup but would like to eye it up in person before committing to a big investment like that. Thanks

Appleton wi right on the way to Rollin Ridge in manitowac. Shoot me a pm on facebook RidgeRoller Customs or Joe Robinson come take a look. Thanks

My bag came in today. Very impressed with the overall fit and build quality. Kind of reminds me of the quality that was in the Golf Mahal I had. Thick nice straps and it rides lighter than I had imagined. I'll have to do some more testing before doing a review.

Update?
Review?

Update?
Review?

Not OP, but I've had my Ridge/Roller combo for awhile now . I love it. Strictly speaking about the bag though, I do have a few complaints, but you can't please everyone and it's a fantastic bag that you can tell immediately it's quality material and manufacture. I can't stress how awesome the bag is except for my personal issues.

I've found that as a bag on a cart, that I can sit on, and also attach things to the cart like a cooler and putter pouch and more storage options, it's fantastic. Traded in my original ZUCA cart I got from Joe directly right before he handed the reigns over to them on that, and I loved my ZUCA, and love this as a cart.

But as a bag alone, the selling point of the built in seat looses what I thought was major appeal for me. The seat was a huge selling point, same when I got a Gorilla Boy Simian before this. But turns out when I'm not using the bag on the cart, I'm not really noticing that I'm sitting down on it as much or at all, as opposed to the cart. And I lose what to me is very valuable storage space with the Ridge. Most are fine with that, and it's not a 'small' bag or lacking in storage, just not what I would prefer .

Other than my nitpicking about that, which was kinda my same gripe with the Simian, it's a great bag.

Update?
Review?

It is a high-quality well-built bag. It has held up well. If you require a seat on the bag, this is the best one on the market IMO and I have tried them all. It is heavy but not heavier than a bag of its capacity plus a stool. Similar to my pound bag it is complete overkill for anything other than a tournament or competitive round. That is not a knock, just something to consider. If you pair this with a shift or something similar you will have everything covered.

It holds a metric f***ton of discs. Like, I can put around 35 in there if needed with room for a drink towel, phone wallet etc. The main pockets are all well thought out too. They are good sizes and can hold everything I need. I think the side pockets could be the tiniest bit larger to make getting discs in and out easier, but I don't think that is a complaint as I don't need to shove discs in there. I would say the cupholders are sufficient, but I would like a bit more heft to them.

The frame is sturdy and I have taken it out and weighted it. It is lighter than a standard 3 leg stool. I will say that I don't use it much because I am a bag-aholic and I have too many to choose from. But I do like it if I know I'll be taking a lot of discs and need a place to sit. Like the other guy said, If you pair it with the cart I can imagine it being very nice, but I am not a cart guy.

If you have any specific questions I can try to answer them. Hopefully sooner than the two weeks, it took me to answer this one lol.

Latest posts