• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any love for the Ridge Roller R1

Naenae

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
The R3 is fantastic, and as a tall girl, I love the seat height on the R3, but the different in weight (4 pounds from the cart itself + a probable insane quantity of extra weight from having so much more space to put stuff) makes me think that the R1 might be worth sitting 3 inches lower. Has anyone else made that initial choice? Has anyone switched from the R3 to the R1 specifically because of bulk/weight/car transport issues?

I am not seeking "why wouldn't you just buy a Zuca" feedback.

I believe the R1 box is only 2 lbs lighter than the R3 box. The new rollers are 2 lbs lighter, but that's really not affiliated with the R1 vs R3 box (so it's a weight savings, but only if you're also going from an old roller to a new roller...not just swapping out the boxes on an existing roller).

R3 box is 5 lbs, R1 is 3.

I'm 6'6", so I haven't pulled the trigger due to the height differences...but if I were actively looking for a new cart to replace my current R3 I certainly might consider trying an R1 (I think ultimately you just get used to the seat height of whatever you're using...I couldn't fathom going lower from my old Zuca Backpack down to a lower R3, but I got used to it pretty quickly).

Latest posts