• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Ridiculous sweat man.

Not denying that it's a part of sports, just saying this has been one of those weird conversations. Good conversation yes, weird and gross yes.

Its like when you have kids and all of a sudden you and the other room full of parents start talking about the best ways to clean up baby explosions when you're out and about.

BTW, a great way to not sweat so much, move to a dry climate. I get soaked when I visit Texas in the summer, way to humid. That's why Colorado is fantastic!:clap::thmbup::D

Man are my hands dry. I have a tough time gripping Z/Champion. I carry my discs in my NutSac and that seems to help.

Not denying that it's a part of sports, just saying this has been one of those weird conversations. Good conversation yes, weird and gross yes.

Its like when you have kids and all of a sudden you and the other room full of parents start talking about the best ways to clean up baby explosions when you're out and about.

BTW, a great way to not sweat so much, move to a dry climate. I get soaked when I visit Texas in the summer, way to humid. That's why Colorado is fantastic!:clap::thmbup::D

I'm really upset with your response. I was hoping for an emotion fueled argument. But seriously, I understand what you be saying.

Well, while I do appreciate an excellent arguement, choosing sweat as my emotional fuel is probably not in my best interest. :)

I use a 3 part combo for sweaty palms.

Towel - Same ones as for my discs.
Dirt - Grab a handful and run it for a bit when you reach your tee. Brush off excess on shorts.
Fan - Using your disc, held in your off-hand, and fan your throwing hand with it up until you take your stance on the tee.

The fanning also gets me in the same place mentally before my throw. Kind of resets my internal mood to throw-mode.

Pretty sure this is one of the grossest threads I have ever read. I think this could be the reason there are so few lady golfers.

Ha, I think the ladies who would be grossed out by someone sweating on a hot day outside are also going to be grossed out by a lot of other things that are regular parts of disc golfing. I have a sneaking suspicion that sweat is not what's holding our sport back.

I'm a really sweaty person myself and used to have problems gripping champion type plastic. I switched to Vibram discs and they have amazing grip no matter how sweaty my hands get. You should check some of their discs out. If you want a fix that doesn't involve trying new discs, a rosin bag and towel are your best bet as stated above.

I don't throw Vibram, but I can say they have amazing grip. And, they hold up way better than DX or Pro plastic. Sure, changing your lineup can be a big deal, but if it fixes the problem.

Jeans. I kid you not. As long as they are so fresh and so clean clean, you can wipe your hands on your legs and it takes care of most grip problems I've had. Playing Colorado states on the 2nd day I was neck and neck trying to place in the money and I made the mistake of wearing some Camo shorts. My towel, dirt, shorts...nothing helped. I did better than the 2nd day but not well enough to place in the money...