• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RIPT Revenge Poll - Bring only the discs you want?

When playing RIPT Revenge, can you bring only the discs you want to bring or do you h

• You can bring only the discs you want when playing RIPT Revenge.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • You have to bring every disc that you would use at any course.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • What the heck is RIPT???

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • I don’t care. You two decide.

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
A friend of mine believes that I should bring every disc that I would throw at any course when playing RIPT Revenge. I believe that you should be allowed to bring only the disc you want to bring.

Back story:
I used to have a small bag and I could only bring 10 out of my 16 discs anywhere I went. Now I own a big enough bag to hold all 16 discs. My friend believes that since my bag is big enough to hold all of my discs that I should bring them all to the course weather I would normally bring them or not to that course (I.E. a dragon to a course without water etc…).

Here is a quote from my friend
put me down for a counter argument of you would normally play with the disc in question at the course we play RIPT on, and being able to carry all of your discs was one of the reasons you got the bigger bag.

Umm... Not really seeing where it matters. There are no cards that say "Throw a Roc" or anything like that.

Edit: The Poll question got cut off. It should read, "When playing RIPT Revenge, can you bring only the discs you want to bring or do you have to bring every disc that you would use at any course?"

Umm... Not really seeing where it matters. There are no cards that say "Throw a Roc" or anything like that.

huh?

not sure what you mean at all.

let me give an example. my friend would like me to throw a drive with a certain disc so she plays a card on me saying that she can then pick the disc i drive with, she looks in the bag, the disc isn't there.

smelling what i'm stepping in?

huh?

not sure what you mean at all.

let me give an example. my friend would like me to throw a drive with a certain disc so she plays a card on me saying that she can then pick the disc i drive with, she looks in the bag, the disc isn't there.

smelling what i'm stepping in?

I have over 150 disc. By that logic I would have to bring everyone of them with me. If I recall the card says something along the lines of choose on of your opponents disc for the upcoming drive. You play with the disc you have. I'm not sure why you would alter your bag for a game of RIPT tbh.

Just drive your car on the course.

Seriously, don't over think the game of Ript. Just pack whatever you pack.

I have over 150 disc. By that logic I would have to bring everyone of them with me. If I recall the card says something along the lines of choose on of your opponents disc for the upcoming drive. You play with the disc you have. I'm not sure why you would alter your bag for a game of RIPT tbh.

lol not sure what you are wanting us to answer... Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine? =

but what if the person you were playing the game wanted you to bring all of your discs, not just what you packed for the game?

RIPT is a game that is all about screwing with the other person's head. Not bringing the discs they want you to bring is just one more way to do this.

I have an old chewed-up X-Clone that I keep as a joke loaner disc, obviously wouldn't throw it in a serious round...after getting into Ript recently, I've considered putting that disc in my bag just in case I get the card where you can force an opponent to drive with any of your discs (last time I had this card, I forced my wife to throw my Nuke, but I think pulling out a punctured and beat-to-crap disc would be funnier); of course, if they know you're carrying a chit disc and get the card where they can make YOU throw with any disc they choose, you could be in trouble.

But yeah, your friend is taking the game WAY too seriously. My son likes it because it puts him in the running with the grownups (i.e. he strategically held the card that allowed him to switch scores with a player of his choosing after the Front 9, played it on me at Hole #10's tee pad, and suddenly he was +2 and I was +12).

The way I look at it is like this; Bring the discs you would normally throw on a regular basis on any given course. Let them choose from the discs in your bag. Tell 'em to kick rocks if there was a disc they wanted you to throw but you are not carrying it.

For instance, I had bought an EcoStar Wraith, that I can not get to to do ANYTHING good, so I took it out of my bag because I won't throw it. My friends know I own the disc, and they know it sucks, so of course this would be the disc they would choose for me. But if it is not there, there are some rocks close by that they can go kick repeatedly.

bring what you want. I would keep the ce at home though if there is a chance of losing it due to another person playing with it.