• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sabattus, Maine Course

sperry1288

Hi Everyone!

I have to go to Maine next week and the course in Sabattus came very highly rated. I tried calling them, both home and work numbers, but only got voice mail. On their home number the machine says they're closed for the season as of December but nowhere online does it say this. Does anyone know if it's just honesty box right now? Or any information on this course?

Thanks!

Huh, didn't know they closed for the winter. If you find out it is playable, those courses are worth a stop. If not, check out the three courses at LaVallee, lots of fun to be had on three different styles of courses.

I had a blast at Sabattus and I was one of the people that rated them highly. Like mashnut said, if they are available for play you should certainly give them a rip.

Right now the snowpack begins about 30-40 miles north of the Maine border so I would recommend playing a bit further south if you have to flexibility so you can get in some rare, mid winter, northern new England snow free golf!

Not to say sabattus or the auburn courses are unplayable or bad right now, I just consider a 45-60 minute drive worth having no snow to deal with.

Yeah Sabbatus is amazing! That being said, if it's closed, check out Woodland Vally in Limerick, BAP in Gorham, or if you feel like coming south, hit up Bellamy Park in Dover NH. I'd be happy to show you around Bellamy if you end up this far south - It's free and there's very little snow at the moment!

Thanks for the recommendations! I was actually looking to stop at Bellamy anyway, been wanting to play it for a while. Any other decent courses around the I495/I95 route? I'm going to be driving north from Cape Cod to Lewiston, ME then back the next day.

Borderland is very good, park like, 2 baskets and pads for most (or all). Devens is just a bit off 495 and is a little trickier to find but is a very fun.

Hi Everyone!

I have to go to Maine next week and the course in Sabattus came very highly rated. I tried calling them, both home and work numbers, but only got voice mail. On their home number the machine says they're closed for the season as of December but nowhere online does it say this. Does anyone know if it's just honesty box right now? Or any information on this course?

Thanks!

Last year they said they were closed and I thought I'd drive by and look. They were definitely closed. The parking lot wasn't plowed and there were no honor boxes. They just shut it all down in the winter time. You can try, but don't get your hopes up ...

Latest posts