• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sad baskets

Here is some other random ones.

If anyone wants the gold mine of sad baskets I highly recommend northern Iowa, which I will nominate as the Mecca of sad baskets.

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpeg
    IMG_1720.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 70752478894__D84784A8-8A8A-44FD-B5AC-91C7697B32FC.jpeg
    70752478894__D84784A8-8A8A-44FD-B5AC-91C7697B32FC.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Starters. I don't remember the first one. Second one is a state park in Oklahoma iirc
2nd photo is a Re-Tire basket. They actually got the contract for baskets in state parks at one time.

Pretty much every course older that a couple of years ago in a state park in Oklahoma is a Re-Tire course. Other than the Re-Tire home course (which is worth playing if you are ever North of Tulsa area) there are Re-tire courses in Ardmore and a Church course just outside of Okmulgee.

The new state parks courses have been using regulation baskets. Robbers Cave SP recently upgraded it's 9 hole course to an 18 hole course with DD baskets.

Huntress Park - Clay Center KS (hole 1 basket looking back to tee)

I don't know the story on these, but the other course in Clay Center has them too and apparently a defunct course in Jamestown KS also had them. (those got pulled for some reason)

In the photo here, the tee is suppose to be back the same direction. Hole 2 is towards my little car, you basicaly throw OVER basket #9. I was thinking it would be funny to hit a black ace, but I wound up splashing off the chains of hole 2 instead.

20230810_164719.jpg

Last edited:
Ashland HS - Ashland KS

no tee's marked and several baskets missing. UDisc has a rude map using the existing baskets.

20230406_200026.jpg

I think Pizza God is going to own this thread lol.

Like. A. Boss.

like a boss swag GIF

Some are sad, alternately, some are a celebration of creativity and love of DG.

I stole this from the DGCR page since I forgot to take a photo of it yesterday. Joy Lutheran Church in Gurnee, IL. Wow were these baskets bad. This one actually looks decent, too bad I don't have a picture of the one with thorny vines growing all throughout it. There were also only 4 baskets left on this 9 hole course.

One layer of chains and they don't make any sort of satisfying "clink" when you hit them - I never realized how much I count on the audible recognition of holing out! :ROFLMAO:

joylutherandg.jpeg

Latest posts