• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Say Good bye to 2010...favorite memories

The first Three Diamond Reviewers! We (harr0140, The Valkyrie Kid, and mashnut) get together and party together and talk about all of you as "the others".

Vegan Ray got the boot from DGCR for his continual "beef" with Three putt.
Female dogs His Beef
I don't have a beef with Vegan Ray. Vegan Ray never contacted me about anything. If he has a problem with something I did, I'm in the dark. The thing he appeared to be mad about when he wigged out I didn't do. I didn't even see his wig out. He was banned and the threads were deleted by the time I got out of bed. Given that he apparently named me when he went on his attack, it's pretty clear that he THINKS I did something awful. What he thinks and what happened are two different things, but that didn't seem to matter to him.

At any rate, since when did people behaving badly enough to be banned result in hero worship and become a "favorite memory" of the year? It was more like a really bad week.

another awesome memory of mine from this site is the DGCR Secret Santa. seeing how generous and giving people can be when sending plastic to a random stranger really is remarkable.

another awesome memory of mine from this site is the DGCR Secret Santa. seeing how generous and giving people can be when sending plastic to a random stranger really is remarkable.

This ^^ FTW! :clap:

I've never been so excited about something so remarkably simplistic.

For me I'd have to say following Donovan when he initially broke the "Most holes played in 24 Hours" only to be broken by the Dan & Tom Schnabel and Joe Jensen, and then broken once again by Olorin. Congratulations to all of you! :clap:

I spent the first half of the year unemployed, DGCR and Disc Golf helped keep me from going insane! The other thing was it gave something to work towards, such as setting goals, and charting my progress. Being unemployed can take a toll on a person, if you don't have something to take your mind off of the situation. Especially when dealing with hearing "Sorry, I'm not hiring" once to many times. So thank you to DGCR

I've met a lot of great people on this site, as well as having gotten to meet up and play with a lot of great people from DGCR. Whether they are traveling through Myrtle Beach, or meeting up with me on my Travels. That has really made a great sport, even better.

Finally, my favorite thread. The photoshop collage that is

Disc Golf Throughout History

Probably the DGCR meet up with the boys at Fox Chase and North Asheboro. Played a few rounds with some other DGCR'ers as well, that was fun.

As far as the site goes, between me, Cfair, Garublador, Mike C., and Technohic along with some cameos, DGCR has made long strides in the technique and strategy dept thanks to threads like "Discing Down Adventures," "The Process," and the Bag Suggestions sub-forum. Gone are the days of noobs getting 15-20 recommendations of a Boss or Groove for their first driver. Just the general DG intellect has gone up dramatically among us. Once we get the Technique Sticky up and running, it should be the death knell of our "rule by n00bs" reputation.

We got ourselves a traveling disc or two. Stalled a bit (Maverick3324), but a lot of good people got to throw a pair of good discs.

We got ourselves a traveling disc or two. Stalled a bit (Maverick3324), but a lot of good people got to throw a pair of good discs.

I've traded with maverick3324 before he seemed like a good dude.

Well, I started playing 5 months ago. Found this site. Became addicted. Met a lot of really cool people on here, one of which I got to play a round with! Spent a ton of money on everyone's bulk lots. Thanks for the great deals!

2010 was good for me. I have cashed in 80% of our weekly doubles league and set new personal bests in doubles and singles. Finally shooting under par in a singles round..Still working on that 400+ consistent D though

I don't have a beef with Vegan Ray. Vegan Ray never contacted me about anything. If he has a problem with something I did, I'm in the dark. The thing he appeared to be mad about when he wigged out I didn't do. I didn't even see his wig out. He was banned and the threads were deleted by the time I got out of bed. Given that he apparently named me when he went on his attack, it's pretty clear that he THINKS I did something awful. What he thinks and what happened are two different things, but that didn't seem to matter to him.

At any rate, since when did people behaving badly enough to be banned result in hero worship and become a "favorite memory" of the year? It was more like a really bad week.

He focused in on you calling you out. He thought you deleted his stuff and attacked. He had a beef with you, I didn't mean to imply it went the other way too.

It is memorable and noteworthy, just like when 80played and wareagle were banned. No one worships wareagle, but everyone knows about him, he is part of 2009 we will not forget, VR's banning is an unforgettable part of 2010, not necessarily a favorite. In 2011 I will add Apothecary's banning :)

Realizing that somehow I've become addicted to this site!

Latest posts