• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scott Stokley on tour 2022

Scott Stokley Finish at Las Vegas

• Scott finishes top 10

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Scott finishes 11-20

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Scott finishes 21-30

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Scott finishes 30-50

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Scott finishes over 50th

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Based on his rating rank in that field, he'll be successful if he finishes higher than 60th.

Man.... he went to the wrong hole so started the day with a penalty for missing his tee time... 4 over on the first hole is hard to overcome.

He explained how it was all his fault and he never gets mad at people making the ruling, because it is a tough job and they are just doing whaty they are supposed to.

Man.... he went to the wrong hole so started the day with a penalty for missing his tee time... 4 over on the first hole is hard to overcome.

He explained how it was all his fault and he never gets mad at people making the ruling, because it is a tough job and they are just doing whaty they are supposed to.

Note that the 2022 rules state that you're officially late if you're not present when it's time for your group to tee.

In previous editions, you were only late if you missed your individual tee time. The old version was inherently unfair to the players on the card, because it means the 4th player has more time to get to the tee than the 1st player.

I don't know if Scott was 1st or 4th on his card, but it doesn't matter any more. It does make for a more awkward conversation when you have to tell a player he's late while the rest of his group is still standing on the tee.

I'm going to keep an eye on Scott... I didn't really care about him trying to compete but watched a few of his after round videos at LVC...

One thing I like is he isn't afraid to talk a lil sh@t, stay confident in his ability, and focus on winning...period.

I wouldn't pay attention if he was doing a "I'm gonna try my best guys, wish me luck"...sort of thing.

I think he can hang a little closer once we get into the woods (if he can qualify for entry into the events).

I feel like Waco is the best course for Scott too shine. Lots of right turning for his forehand.

I also think he has a good hyzerflip / touchy forehand, for the technical lines

I hope he does have better events and some decent finishes.

That said, I don't expect the outcome to get significantly better as the season goes on. The talent pool is just too good and too deep IMO.

Pretty much this.

Kudos to him for having a positive attitude and the gumption to play MPO at his age but competing against guys half his age in the talent pool that's out there today is going to make finishing in the top half of the field difficult regardless of the course.

For the most part he's played above his rating so that is good, because these are some tough courses and there has been a lot of wind at the Texas events.

I'm hoping he can get on a lead card for coverage for a first round or two of some of these events. I know there is real interest to get to watch him play some.

Maybe he can pick up a couple of twenty to thirty range finishes. That would be awesome at his age and for how long he has been out of this level of tournament play... with the rise of excellent competitors.

Latest posts