• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frisco, TX

Scottish Rite

Permanent course
2.35(based on 5 reviews)
Not great
Pros:

- No brainer navigation
- Good catching baskets
- Slight elevation changes
- Hole 9 tunnel shot is fun
- Short enough to be played quickly
Cons:
- Dangerous layout plays right down a walking path
- Dirt tee pads are an eyesore
- Most holes are wide open and short
- Uninspiring design
Other:
This course is on the property of a children's hospital. While I find it nice they approved a disc golf course here I kind of question why they did. I question why you make a walking path one third of your fairways. This is one of the worst courses in an area of really great courses so I question why anyone would want to play here who doesn't work at the hospital. This can be played in under 30 minutes so a good one to bag if you're looking for another course to tick off.
Well, not sure why Randy put that hole striaght down the sidewalk. It was there when we looked at the area to design a course. I asked him at the time what kind of course he wanted.

The course is for Randy to use for the kids who are at the hospital. He does use the course for events out there to raise money for Scottish Rite. I wanted to put all the holes along the trail for wheel chaired kids. But in the end, after talking with the powers to be at Scottish Rite, we elected to design in the area the course is located. Randy tweaked what we looked at and I do not approve of what he did with holes 1 and 9 My original layout was not crossing any sidewalks, but did have all the pitch and putt holes 2 to 8 included. I mean this was suppose to be for kids, not disc golfers.

Latest posts