• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seatac in WA

Olorin

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I was amazed to see Seatac rated as a 4. In June I tried to play there, but after 3 holes of waist deep grass I gave up. The reviewer says it's poorly maintained, and to avoid playing there 3 months per year b/c of that. How can a course like that rate a 4? I guess that's based on the course at it's best, but I think the overall status should be taken into account.

To me, this looks like another example of grade inflation.

Personally, I thought the NAD course was superb! It's not long, but it was what I had envisioned as the quintessential Northwest course.

It's true that Seatac can get kinda gnarly in the summertime, it IS totally playable most of the year though. In the middle of summer, I'd definitely recommend playing with at least one other partner and do what you can to keep it out of the shule. The grass can be high, but the blackberries are even worse.

Rampant growth aside, Seatac is one of my favorite courses ever. It's the only one that I've played in WA that has "real" par 4's on it. I say "real" b/c everything is still considered a par 3, even though a few holes a 3 is nigh on impossible except for top level pros. Every time I play that course, it challenges me in new ways, I always seem to find myself making new shots that I haven't made before. Plus, as the reviewer noted, the course is almost always empty, Lakewood Park, which is only like 5 miles away can be totally packed, but there will only be a few cars at Seatac.

I think a "4" rating is totally appropriate, especially if 3 is average, b/c the Tac is definitely above average. I'll agree it could be improved: regular maintenance (of course), alternate sets of pads, alternate pins, and benches would make it stellar. And teesigns--there are some there, but most have been destroyed, neighborhoods close to airports aren't historically the best. :( Good news is that an alternate set of pads is next on the to-do list there.

It's definitely the most challenging course I've played, and even though the grass doesn't get mowed as often as we'd like in the summer, the place stays remarkably trash free year round.

Olorin

I think sea-tac is a definite 4 especially for WA. Looks like you hit it at the wrong time when it was overgrown. I see your from NC which has a lot more to offer for disc golf courses unfortunately for us here in WA there are endless acres of forest but just way behind on the disc golf courses. If you took some time and looked at what other courses we offer here in WA you'll see why Sea-Tac is a better course. Next time your out try heading south a little bit further to White River or RiverSide You may be pleased there. Happy hunting hope to make it out to NC and get some plastic throwin time in.

Not much parking at SeaTac, unless you use the road like I did. I thought the course was one of the better ones (I thought they're way of letting the tourist find their way through the course was very effective as they used red tape on the rim of the basket to show you the direction of the next tee) in the Seattle area. Much better than Lakewood King county park (just my opinion).

Latest posts