• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Secrets about your course.

A course in the Twin Cities is on the site of an old mental institution. Some claim to have seen ghosts or watched their discs inexplicably changing direction in mid-air with nothing nearby...

Which course would that be?

While I was at Bryan Course in Richmond, VA, while I was playing #7, a bad rain came up on my group, so we ran underneath the pavilion close to the #7 basket.

Um, there were guys hanging out there... that seemed to be waiting on random guys like us to walk in... They were WAY too friendly... one reminded me of Elton John, only no where near as masculine as Elton John...

Walnut Ridge in Des Moines -- hole #15 -- about 3/4 of the way to the pin, way way down in the ravine on the left, there is a car.

Oh and the church and area across the way has an old graveyard that was for slaves. I thought that was weird moving down from the north. Of course this is Texas so...couldn't be that old.

That's pretty common in the South, especially on big farms. Unfortunately, these graveyards are often forgotten or overran by cows. Some have been kept up though.

Leigh Farms has a small little graveyard on its back 9, around hole 15 I think. Leigh Farms is just weird course, you actually have a tobacco barn looking building in play on one hole.

That's pretty common in the South, especially on big farms. Unfortunately, these graveyards are often forgotten or overran by cows. Some have been kept up though.

Leigh Farms has a small little graveyard on its back 9, around hole 15 I think. Leigh Farms is just weird course, you actually have a tobacco barn looking building in play on one hole.

wait a second, don't tell me I took a deuce on someone's grave out there. I didn't see any grave markers when I was posted up against that tree.

There are a couple at Bellamy Park. Firstly, on Hole 17 there is steep embankment down to the river that people always have a hard time climbing. What they don't know is that there's a rope secured to a tree about 15ft away from the beaten path. Second, if there's nobody on hole 14, you can easily birdie 13 by shooting at what looks like solid trees (it's mostly leaves as you can see in the winter) and cutting up 14's fairway. 3rd, Hole 4 actually has an alternate pin position but it's never been used and is in a really mean location. Finally, there are two "secret" holes that the regulars play when its not busy. The first tees off next to the smooth white rocks on the fairway of hole 18. Use hole one's basket for it (par 3). The other secret hole requires you to turn to the right off of 9's teebox and shoot downhill, across the river to the practice baskets. It's a brutal shot but deuce or aceable with some skill.

Seven Oaks in Nashville, TN has 3 newer holes inserted in, that apparently are still hard to find for many people. The best part is the name the locals call them- the "innercourse". There is also an extra basket that can be played to from several tees- I believe it is called "basket X".

Nearby Cedar Hill is another course where you may not want to back in. (Not so much any more now that the place is cleaned up).

Cedars of Lebanon also nearby has a hole completely removed from the area of the rest of the course. You take a skinny trail through the woods to get there, and another trail to get back. For a long time there weren't signs and my friends and I called it the "Bonus Hole".

at Massillon's (Ohio) Lincoln Park, it was told to me by a older city employee when we first installed the DGC that the hill (that hole # 7's basket is located on) behind the restroom was the mini landfill that the WPA (Works Progress Administration) workers made with different waste bi products during they're various jobs in the area. I was also told that the blocked cave that's under the steps on hole # 5 was used in a couple ways, Once used as a path in the under ground railroad and it was used to sneak alcohol into the city during the prohibition period.

The bench on hole #13 at Sertoma Field in Walhalla SC has Chainsaw cuts from the man that chased a few players off the course a couple of years ago. There are other places on the course that have been abused by the chainsaw man.

Just past the long pin on #12 at Shaver Rec in Seneca SC is a foundation for a home that was destroyed by fire years ago.

Okay, I'm not sure what year but Warriors Path had to redesign their course because the park built a huge playground. Many of the tee pads from the old layout are still there, and one can be played to one of the new baskets. After you play hole 4 instead of walking down the path to hole 5's tee, walk down the rest of the hill and turn to you're right. You will see an old tee. If the course isn't crowded you can use this tee to throw towards 6's basket for an open, uphill, longer hole. Another local secret is that inthe fall and winter months, on hole 14 if you take 3 or 4 steps to the left of the tee, and then turn to your left you will see a path that goes back into the foliage. You would never know it was there if you weren't looking for it. Walk down this path until it ends and throw from there back down the path and fairway. It takes this hole from being an ace or duece hole to a very hard duece or a pretty hard three hole. Oh, and there isn't an actual tee there it is just were the path ends.:thmbup:

I know the state is wrong; but....

OtherWorklU9u7P.jpg

I feel lame for these worthless contributions...but 2 local courses at my house have little "local only" known secrets:

One being at Riverside, right after hole 18, if you go up by the road where the yellow fire hydrant is, there is an unmarked "hole 19" where you launch from the dirt pad next to the hydrant, back toward the basket from hole 17. Obviously you don't play this hole if there are a bunch of groups behind you, but on a slower day, you always gotta play hole 19.

Also, Old farm park, Hole 12, if you go back behind the tee around some bushes to the right, you'll come up on an emptied cement sewer run-off type deal, and there is a spot to tee of from there, that we call the pro-tee, (even though its as boot leg as it gets)

Wish I had some better stuff to add. Great thread BroD.

So Chuck and StudMuffin (coming soon to NBC), are we talking C.P. Adams in Hastings

i gathered C.P. Adams, which i would back up that place always kinda creeps me out.

It's not a secret if your up there but the course in Hibbing, MN is built on the remains of "North Hibbing" which was left when the town moved south to give the Mines more land. It's really cool with teeboxes on foundations and stuff

Last edited:
Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park has an 18 hole object course complete with geysers, hot pots, 'floating grass,' open shots, wooded shots, and holes that cross rivers.

Latest posts