• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Secrets about your course.

Morley Field can be played without any waiting at the tee pads between 3am and 4am on Tuesday nights when the moon is waning gibbus.

At Jefferson Barracks, you can do a late season (or anytime you want) modification to the course to ensure that you get back to the parking lot before dark, and still be able to get all 18 in, if time permits. After you play Hole 7, head over to Hole 12 and play through Hole 18, then you can decide if you have time to play the remaining 4 holes (10-11-8-9). It works amazingly well! The locals call it the "express"...just make sure you pack in enough "supplies" to account for the added time in getting back to the car (it is normally a double looper 9er layout).

Oh, oh, oh, there is a pro tee for hole 8 at Kent State Trumbull course in Warren. It's across the creek and shoots something like 729, the first 350 of it over water. Hardly anyone, even locals, know its there.

Maybe to make it simpler...you can play a 14 hole layout and be back at your car with the option of getting the last 4 holes (10-11-8-9) in, if time permits. Sorry to make it confusing, but it is a secret...

There is kind of a secret at one of my home courses, Tombigbee State Park, the short course(there are 2). When playing night golf in the fall or winter, if you have lights on all of the baskets, you can stand at a certain place of the course and see 17 of the 18 baskets. It is pretty awesome imo.

There is also a secret hole at Tombigbee State Park, the short course. When finishing 18, if you walk upon to the pavement there is what looks to be a parking space painted out, but it makes an L shape. Tee off from there to the practice basket. It has tons of pavement and is about a 500 ft. shot and we play it with all pavement as o.b. You basically have to lay up into the grass spots and take a 3 or 4 because of a row of tall, thick trees that block a route straight to it.

Kind of lame secrets compared to some of the others.

However, this is a cool thread.

Morley Field can be played without any waiting at the tee pads between 3am and 4am on Tuesday nights when the moon is waning gibbus.

When my brother and I played Morley nearly 4 years ago to the day there was hardly anyone on the course in the middle of the afternoon.

It was during the Witch Creek and Harris fires, we played in surgical masks to avoid inhaling the ash.

In ball golf, water is not OB, it's just an unplayable lie. lol.

Our course IS the secret.

We are not allowed to play it officialy, and it is along several private properties.

So schhhhhhhhh. Dont tell.

sometimes in conversation you will hear an older player mention the "Soul Hole" but its actually the "Sole Hole"

If I heard it, how would I know if s/he said "Soul" or "Sole"?

At Seneca Creek, you can avoid paying on the weekends by parking at the bridge on Riffle Ford Road and hiking up the Greenway a short distance to a side trail to basket #14. Hole #14 is known locally as the "Hippie Graveyard" because of all the bones that were found when the fairway was cleared (mostly cattle bones - or were they?).

A course in the Twin Cities is on the site of an old mental institution. Some claim to have seen ghosts or watched their discs inexplicably changing direction in mid-air with nothing nearby...

So Chuck and StudMuffin (coming soon to NBC), are we talking C.P. Adams in Hastings, or Kaposia in St. Paul?

Just for fun, http://theshadowlands.net/places/minnesota.htm and I didn't see an addition for "Haunted Disc Golf Courses."

I am currently under contract with FOX News. :p

But, seriously, in Dorey in Richmond, if you just hung out behind a tree with a bag over your head, and waited for some poor soul disc golfer playing by their self, you could make them poop their self quite easily. That is where I would make a haunted DG course.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=218&mode=ci