• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shenantaha Creek DGC, Malta NY

CaptainAnhyzer

* Ace Member *
I figured I should move this discussion over here because the first 9 holes are installed.

Here is the link from the Course Development area: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131170

I've cut in the second 9 holes so people can play them. I meet with the Parks Dept Supervisor for a walkthru this Wednesday. If all goes well, we go to the Malta Council to get approval for basket installation in 2020.

Here is the most recent map of the complete 18 hole loop.
Numbered holes have baskets and the lettered holes have temp bucket targets.
Play 1-5 then A-J and finish with 6-9.
Once we get official approval the course will get numbered 1-18.

picture.php

I walked the next 9 holes with the Parks & Rec Supervisor today and she is on board with the design.
Next step is getting it added to Town agenda for approval.
Agenda meeting is Nov 25th ,for the Town Board meeting on Dec 2.

Is #10 backwards?

No the hill slopes down between basket 9 and basket 10. You walk by the corner of the tennis court to get to tee 10. Basket 9 and tee 10 are at the same elevation then basket 10 is slightly downhill from the tee. The lines make it longer of a walk than it is and make the basket appear closer than they are.

Last edited:
What Kenji said...... that creates a little weird walk between holes but the swampy area between 10 & 11 makes it near impossible to flip 10

Good, the original have the Mach II type of cage that is lower then the old Mach III and old Mach V disc cage.
Original Mach baskets is what i learned to play on. Teaches you to put the disc in the basket, not rely on the chains to catch the disc. Putting was different back then.

The Town also ordered a kiosk to be installed in the spring. Made with recycled plastic.

MC3P-002-G.jpg

I am working on tee signs, similar to the ones at Porcupine Springs. The will also be ready for installation in the spring. I plan to re-purpose the temp posts and buy more as needed.

Original Mach baskets is what i learned to play on. Teaches you to put the disc in the basket, not rely on the chains to catch the disc. Putting was different back then.

The Town also ordered a kiosk to be installed in the spring. Made with recycled plastic.

MC3P-002-G.jpg

I am working on tee signs, similar to the ones at Porcupine Springs. The will also be ready for installation in the spring. I plan to re-purpose the temp posts and buy more as needed.

I had to learn on the old Mach III baskets As then Powerhouse Ally at Ohae Downstream stater park near Pierre (pronounced Pier) was a 9 hole old basket disc cage height even after going to 18 holes in 2007 of which I was on the design help group. So I know having to use the pole rather then the chains, even now Mach III baskets are still this way even with the higher height. Also at one point The Steamboat course in Steamboat park in Pierre was from mid 2007-mid 2008 the old Lighting DB-5 single chain set that you had to use the pole to help make the basket rather then a later extra second set of chains in mid 2008 until 2015 when the course got old Powerhouse Ally Mach III tops to make the baskets better. A Missouri River flood in 2011 made it so Powerhouse Ally at Oahe Downsteam State park had to get full on new baskets in 2014-2015 and then The State Park gave the only part of the Old Mach III worth saving the tops to the other local in town course as those tops had gotten a rugged large trash bag to cover them.

I am surprised people could make sense of that above comment, considering I forgot to finish sentences and needed to fix sentences so they made sense.

I gave you a pass on the thread drift :p

It was about the baskets so semi related, anyhow I do not like the original Discraft Chainstar as they have more discs bounce out of them even if using the pole and trying to put discs in the basket rather then use the chains. The original Chanstar are also a lesser steel metal then even the modern Mach II so the Original Chainstar tend to get messed up quicker by vandals or parts on the cage bend quicker then other baskets including Modern Mach II. The newer Chainstar Pro non portable seem to me as durable as the Mach III on up but the options with the Auto body type paint on them.

These are the reasons it is nice to see you putting up the Chainstar Pro not the Original Chainstar. The original Chainstars are the least liked baskets by most players, even the Mach II tends to be more liked then the Chainstar.

Last edited:
I'm sponsored by Innova and the Club has bought so many Discatchers we get a great deal from them.

It's safe to say that Upstate NY is Innova country