• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sillybizz 3.0

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Wow I've gone through a huge bag change in the last year but I think I'm getting close to the bag I'll use for the entire year, well of course unless I lose something.

I throw RHBH about 330 average and RHFH at around 300 average - I had lost my forehand distance over the winter but it's coming back as the temperature is warming up and I'm out practicing it more; looking to make it closer to my BH distance in the coming months. I throw OH (tommy) around 200 feet but only use it on certain courses or in certain situations. I throw a lot of FH rollers, really good at them and not just for getting out of trouble, you will see me driving with them where applicable. Here is what is currently in my bag:

Disc -- Weight -- Plastic -- Condition -- Use

Drivers from least to most over stable:

Vision -- 174g -- Gold Line -- Good -- Used for under stable BH throws
Nuke -- 173g -- Elite Z -- Good -- Used for distance BH and FH
Tracker -- 166g -- Elite Z -- Poor -- Under stable/stable control driver
Tracker -- 168g -- Elite X -- Excellent -- Stable/over stable control driver
Predator -- 173g -- Elite X -- Average -- Slightly over stable driver
Predator -- 171g -- Elite Z -- Poor -- FH and FH roller disc/utility driver
Predator -- 174g -- Elite Z -- Excellent -- Very over stable driver

Mid range from least to most over stable:

Wedge -- 175g -- Star -- Excellent -- Slow under stable mid/jump putter
Buzzz -- 173g -- Elite X -- Average -- Slightly under stable mid range
Buzzz -- 171g -- Elite Z -- Average -- Stable mid range
Buzzz -- 174g -- Elite Z -- Excellent -- Over stable mid range

Putters from least to most over stable:

Challenger -- 175g -- Pro D -- Poor -- Main putter
Challenger -- 172g -- FLX -- Average -- Approaching

It looks like you pretty much have all your bases covered?!? If I could add 1 slot?.... Maybe a faster understable midrange?? But with your line-up, using FH, you could get around it. Looks good!

Challenger love!!;)

Last edited:
at 330'/300' the nuke is a little underpowered. I would try something a little slower and controllable, maybe an opto flow? I've been having good luck with both opto and GL flows, but the opto seems to stand up to the torque of a FH throw a bit better than the GL.

I have a Flow but haven't thrown it yet, I'll give it a shot, thanks.

I agree about the Nuke. Other than that, if you lose your Trackers it will probably be easier to go to the PDs or something similar, Trackers have a lot of variability.

The rest of the bag looks good, man.

matthew_mcconaughey100406_001.jpg

Thanks Brother Dave! :thmbup:

Is there really that much of a difference between these two? I kinda feel like this is splitting hairs and you'd be better off with a true overstable mid.

The point of overstable is not just fade, but wind resist as well. I've never seen a Buzzz fight the wind as well as a true overstable mid, just IMO though.

Most of the courses I play are wooded (here in the pacific northwest we have trees and bushes and lots of it!) and if there is that much wind to flip my Z Buzzz then I'm going to throw the Predator anyway.

Wow I've gone through a huge bag change in the last year but I think I'm getting close to the bag I'll use for the entire year, well of course unless I lose something.

I throw RHBH about 330 average and RHFH at around 300 average - I had lost my forehand distance over the winter but it's coming back as the temperature is warming up and I'm out practicing it more; looking to make it closer to my BH distance in the coming months. I throw OH (tommy) around 200 feet but only use it on certain courses or in certain situations. I throw a lot of FH rollers, really good at them and not just for getting out of trouble, you will see me driving with them where applicable. Here is what is currently in my bag:

Disc -- Weight -- Plastic -- Condition -- Use

Drivers from least to most over stable:

Vision -- 174g -- Gold Line -- Good -- Used for under stable BH throws
Nuke -- 173g -- Elite Z -- Good -- Used for distance BH and FH
Tracker -- 166g -- Elite Z -- Poor -- Under stable/stable control driver
Tracker -- 168g -- Elite X -- Excellent -- Stable/over stable control driver
Predator -- 173g -- Elite X -- Average -- Slightly over stable driver
Predator -- 171g -- Elite Z -- Poor -- FH and FH roller disc/utility driver
Predator -- 174g -- Elite Z -- Excellent -- Very over stable driver

Mid range from least to most over stable:

Wedge -- 175g -- Star -- Excellent -- Slow under stable mid/jump putter
Buzzz -- 173g -- Elite X -- Average -- Slightly under stable mid range

Putters from least to most over stable:

Challenger -- 175g -- Pro D -- Poor -- Main putter
Challenger -- 172g -- FLX -- Average -- Approaching
I see that you're an Idaho Falls guy, and that you've recently added numerous Idaho courses to the site. Whilst driving out of Idaho city towards Ammon I spotted baskets at A H Bush elementary school. I stopped and played them. There were 5 baskets. This is another one and done course for me. I've found that Idaho has lots of one and done courses. I don't much care for courses that don't have any evidence of a tee area, no numbered baskets, no kiosk, no nothing. I played Westside High School in Dayton from twilight till night. What a lemon that was, baskets placed irrationally over the property of 3 different schools. Anyway, as a course bagger, I thought you'd want to know about A H Bush, if you haven't seen it, especially since you live in Idaho Falls. I am Discbear. Go Mariners!!!!

I see that you're an Idaho Falls guy, and that you've recently added numerous Idaho courses to the site. Whilst driving out of Idaho city towards Ammon I spotted baskets at A H Bush elementary school. I stopped and played them. There were 5 baskets. This is another one and done course for me. I've found that Idaho has lots of one and done courses. I don't much care for courses that don't have any evidence of a tee area, no numbered baskets, no kiosk, no nothing. I played Westside High School in Dayton from twilight till night. What a lemon that was, baskets placed irrationally over the property of 3 different schools. Anyway, as a course bagger, I thought you'd want to know about A H Bush, if you haven't seen it, especially since you live in Idaho Falls. I am Discbear. Go Mariners!!!!

Funny you should mention that! When I first moved here I was driving through town and saw baskets there but later couldn't remember where it was and no information online exists. Thank you so much, that has actually been driving me crazy for some time now! Go Mariners!!!

Latest posts