Skamanda's flippy bag...of DOOM!

End of the year updates to the bag (in the first post). A lot has changed this year. Most of my bag is different, other than a few staples, and the condition of some of the discs.

I'm still having trouble finding a distance driver I can get a good hyzer flip on, out of the box. My hypothesis is that a really light Fission Wave will do nicely - but nobody has them in stock... Until then, the Constructs are filling that role - but the Aura one is so touchy...

I'm still having trouble finding a distance driver I can get a good hyzer flip on, out of the box. My hypothesis is that a really light Fission Wave will do nicely - but nobody has them in stock... Until then, the Constructs are filling that role - but the Aura one is so touchy...

Innova Mamba is pretty damned flippy right away and you can get them pretty light, my dad throws a 144g Mamba. Not sure how fast you want but that's speed 11. I throw a Hatchet in 156g and it goes straight then fades right on a RHBH like I threw it left handed or something. Keep in mind though I live at elevation (where discs act more overstable) and my distance has suffered greatly since taking time off from the game and getting older/more injured. YMMV.

I just bought a 138g Roadrunner (Innova Factory Store) for my wife's bag. If that won't flip for you, I'm not sure what will.

Innova Mamba is pretty damned flippy right away and you can get them pretty light, my dad throws a 144g Mamba. Not sure how fast you want but that's speed 11. I throw a Hatchet in 156g and it goes straight then fades right on a RHBH like I threw it left handed or something. Keep in mind though I live at elevation (where discs act more overstable) and my distance has suffered greatly since taking time off from the game and getting older/more injured. YMMV.

I just bought a 138g Roadrunner (Innova Factory Store) for my wife's bag. If that won't flip for you, I'm not sure what will.
Both too flippy. The Aura a construct is just a hair too flippy, at -1/2. It flies more like a -3/2 with as domey as mine is. If the surge SS was getting up to speed, I think it'd be ideal, bit a true 11 speed seems to be just a hair out of reach. The Scorch works, because it's SO flippy, but it's squirrelly with how flippy it is, and how nose angle sensitive it is.

The mamba and roadrunner both make the construct look beefy by comparison. I flip then both way too far, way too easily, when I've thrown them...

Updated beginning of the season ITB update, backpack edition. This is the core of my tournament setup, filling in more Comets, Waves, and Constructs if I have a cart, as well as adding my 150 Flick back in for shots I don't want to ding up the Photons for.

Both too flippy. The Aura a construct is just a hair too flippy, at -1/2. It flies more like a -3/2 with as domey as mine is. If the surge SS was getting up to speed, I think it'd be ideal, bit a true 11 speed seems to be just a hair out of reach. The Scorch works, because it's SO flippy, but it's squirrelly with how flippy it is, and how nose angle sensitive it is.

The mamba and roadrunner both make the construct look beefy by comparison. I flip then both way too far, way too easily, when I've thrown them...

Erika Stinchcomb Constructs?

Erika Stinchcomb Constructs?
Nah. I want one of her discs, but there's so much importance to getting the right amount of dome on the construct or mantra, that I'll probably wait til she's in town and see if she's got any for sale. That way I can find the flat ones.

That was my theory too, but she's not coming to the Preserve.

Putters:
175 Electron Spin x2, new'ish, putting/upshots
174 Neutron Watt, worn, throwing putter
[COLOR=var(--text)]174 Jawbreaker Zone, Zone things[/COLOR]
No APX? ☹☹

A couple more edits

The Passions are out. I kept the light one for turnovers, but the flippy Heat does the same thing, but longer (as long as I can control the fade). I need something to replace it with, but I'm short on ideas for what... I need a stable fairway, with very little fade. Thinking I might add my Crave or Relay back in this week to try out, before this weekend's tournament.

Have you tried the Avenger SS in this slot? I grab a couple of Passions but they never felt right. Or if your look for slightly more stability the Undertaker?

Have you tried the Avenger SS in this slot? I grab a couple of Passions but they never felt right. Or if your look for slightly more stability the Undertaker?
The avenger SS that I've thrown are too flippy. They've all been even more flippy than my Mantras. I was throwing the undertaker in this slot, but I switched to the Construct because it feels better in my hand.

Latest posts