• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sky High Showdown - Wrightwood CA

A local known as super Dave could give him a run. He is a la mirada local.

Anyone down for another round Wednesday? I'm shooting for 9am. then arriving at noonish Friday to putt and work on acclimating to 7000 feet air.

About how long does it take to play a round up there, and when is the sunlight too little to play in? Were gonna be getting in on Friday hopefully by 4ish, and I was hoping my group would be able to play all 27 holes.

About how long does it take to play a round up there, and when is the sunlight too little to play in? Were gonna be getting in on Friday hopefully by 4ish, and I was hoping my group would be able to play all 27 holes.

I played a round by myself in like 2 hours but I took a break after every 9 and I never had to wait on another group. It gets dark about 7:30 I guess

It's one of those courses where your fitness and ability to deal with altitude make a huge difference. I played in a little under 2 hours with my fiancee, some other folks started the third nine while we were beginning and we caught them on hole 26 (they looked like they were really struggling to catch their breath). If you're in good shape, a group of 4 might need 2.5-3 hours, longer if anyone is going to need rest breaks.

Wait... Does that mean I actually have to play decently at a tournament now? Damn, I guess I have no choice.

I'd guess that you could play like crap and still beat him. Granted, I don't know if he is any good, or not. However, disc golf does require some level of brain function. Our friend is completely lacking in that department.

When are you getting to the Mountain GCR? My buddy and I are coming up a little after lunch. Probably play a few and then putt in the campsite. Im bringing a fullsize.

When are you getting to the Mountain GCR? My buddy and I are coming up a little after lunch. Probably play a few and then putt in the campsite. Im bringing a fullsize.

Probably getting in at 4-4:30 straight to the course. Well have a full size M14 and possibly my Bullseye Basket as well at the campground. If there isn't a ton of time for Shenanigans Friday night there definitely will be Saturday. You'll recognize my Titan truck by the camper shell and DI5CGLF Arizona license plate.

Wow, what a spanking:

5HILDqA.png

And as I recall, Paul had a putt spit out on the last hole that would have tied him with Philo.

Just because someone beat him doesn't mean the course isn't easy. It says nothing about the difficulty of the course. People have bad days on easy courses every day.

Latest posts