• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Slightly OS mids?

pnasalberta

Eagle Member
I was at my course and tossed a mulligan because my first drive went into the woods. I overshot the pin and when i came out of the woods empty handed my mid was gone :0. Lost two discs that day. I have replaced one of them but the mid was a worn in Karma and they don't hit stores until Monday and i am going to a tournament on Saturday so I need a disc between a Blaze and a Core. I have been told to get a dx roc but i was wondering if I had any other options? I was thinking a vector or a pain. If you could respond with what slightly OS mid you throw that would be awesome. Thank you.

My Nebula fits into that slot, but not practical for most (never released for production).

Wasp, Pain, Cro, are a notch more stable than a buzzz.
I'd say a Roc's about a 1/2 notch more stable than a buzzz.

Vector is what you want. look for one with a decent dome. the flat ones are alot like a new Z buzzz and the pop tops are really overstable. Avoid the eclipse ones as almost all of them are really flat.

I throw an ESP Hornet. If you ask nicely though, Gateway could get you a new Karma by Saturday.

KC Pro Roc or Z buzzz. I think a Wasp or a Pain is going to be a lot more stable than what you're looking for. Both the Wasp and Pain are really beefy compared to the Roc or Buzzz. I've thrown all of these mids at one point or another.

I've never thrown a Karma, but either of those 2 (Roc or Buzzz) will fit well between a blaze and core. With the Roc it may even eliminate the need for the core after it breaks in.

the DX roc would be perfect, if you want a little more o/s and a little better wear you could go KC pro.

you have other options, but roc's are great. if you haven't tried one, spend the $8 and get a DX. if you don't like it you can always trade it.

Also, If you get a KC Pro Roc instead of a DX you can play with it for the rest of the week without it turning into an Stable/understable disc.