• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

slow mo of a 1 month noob

live2golf

My discs tend to start off line to the right and high. I noticed a lower flight after transferring more weight to the front foot and moving my thumb further forward in my grip (applied in this video). Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. :thmbup:

This is a new swing that I adapted after critiquing my swing in comparison to slow mo's of Mcbeth. Much more bend at the knees and a follow through of turning the hand over, after release, to allow more flexibility around the body for a smoother follow through and less stress on my throwing arm.

http://vid162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/live2skim/Mobile Uploads/Drive_zps12tdvzbd.mp4

After viewing it myself I think I could stand to raise my arm in the backswing, engage my hips sooner in the initial forward movement and perhaps somehow work on more snap for further distance. I seem to be maxing out my drives around the 300-310' mark but I feel as though there's much more untapped power to be found through proper technique. I'm more concerned with a consistent release line before worrying about more distance. A stronger grip seems to have helped with some if the line issues. :thmbup:

you are hugging yourself and the body gets into the way with the shoulders not turning while you reachback. Check out this video for proper example:

you are hugging yourself and the body gets into the way with the shoulders not turning while you reachback. Check out this video for proper example:

Thank you! I implemented the technique in that video in a number of practice swings just now and it makes a world of difference in the speed of the throw. I had to stop because the force was making my wrist numb which is a first, haha. I'll try and get out to the course tomorrow to see the results.:thmbup:

Yeah, turn/pivot your body to bring the disc straight back and then forward. Don't curl up the arm in the backswing, extend it, and don't move the disc around behind your body.

The shusterick video definitely helped with distance. I went from struggling to hit 275-300 to hitting a consistent 335-350 off the tee on open holes.

I've been experimenting with different power grips and settled on my original one as its the most comfortable. Still having power shots starting a little off line and catching trees on tight fairways which is costing me the most strokes it would seem.

Surprisingly enough, shusterick is hosting a clinic nearby this coming thursday so I'm going to try my best to attend it. :)

Impressive after one month.

When you plant your right foot try to do it at 90 degrees. You're loosing hip rotation because your plant is almost facing your line of throw before you start the pull.

Less wrist curl on the reach back might help and maybe a little firmer grip.