• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Slower Buzzz?

Opto pure.

/thread.

This. Opto Pure is such a great disc to throw off the tee. Flight wise there are plenty of options but most putters and midranges lack the shallow feel of the Buzzz. My Pro D Zone has the same feel but is much much more overstable. I'm curious to see how it'll fly when beat.

I think the Pure is a good contender, but it doesn't fit what he was asking for with profile/depth and might not be as stable or have enough fade compared to the Buzz. QMS is the real answer, but the Anode would be a close second, imo. No dis on the Pure because it's an awesome disc. That's also why I stuck in the Lycan instead of the Coyote...just different enough to probably matter to him.

Last edited:
The pure seems to be longer than my other putter (Anode and Ion) so I would think its a good fit for what you need. This thread has me thinking about keeping one in my bag now.

I have recently been throwing a Pure on holes where previously I would throw a Fuse or Warship
holes that I would not have thrown my Ion on (but I had never considered it to be fair)

the Pure is going to get a lot of votes

Let me jump on the Pure bandwagon too. I recently took a risk and picked one up based solely on it being listed at Clearwater as an approach disc, and I had started overshooting my approach shots with my Buzzz. I'd never seen or even held a Pure, but it immediately became my disc for upshots that are too short for my Buzzz but too long for my Ion. Hit a personal record 125' putt with it my first day out, so I'm sold. It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but enough of us here are recommending it that you should at least go fondle one.

The Opto pure is definitely stable until the end. I always get a reasonable fade from mine. I think the slower Buzzz description is quite fitting.

Opto Pure. Haven't heard a negative word about it yet. Great off the tee, and for approaches. As close to a perfect disc in a singular plastic that I have ever thrown.

pure in opto plastic. all the other aforementioned discs are good discs, however
the opto pure flies and hit lines just like a buzzz (which btw is my favorite disc)
and feels very similar to the buzzz in your hand.

Latest posts