• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Smallest U.S. Town with a course?

5th in Rocky Mount,NC

Rocky Mt, NC has a population of 57K and has 4 courses inside the city limits. All within a few miles of each other. So that's about one hole per 800 citizens.

-Getting ready to add the 5th.

18-holes
=======
Colfax Iowa, population 2186
also ran:
Belle Plaine Iowa, population 2833

12-holes
=======
Maxwell Iowa, population 842

9-holes
======
Oxford Nebraska, population 697
also ran:
Prairie City Iowa, population 1426
Minden Nebraska, population 2788
Huxley Iowa, population 2844

Huxley doesnt count. its in between ames (Iowa St Univ) and des moines. btw great place to stop for gas. the mobil there used to be like 5-10 cents cheaper than everywhere else.

Population of Highbridge, WI is about 42 and they have over 100 holes installed - more than 2 per citizen...

Where in the H do you get 42 from? i can only remember seeing like 4-6 houses (including johns), the cemetery, and the DG complex. i think one house may be a bar since it had a ton of neon beer signs facing out the window.
Highbridge should take #1. it has no large population center to draw from. probably less than 100k (maybe even 50k???) people within an hour drive. so its remote.

some of the small towns mentioned are near large population centers. so its not like there isnt people around.

Rocky Mt, NC has a population of 57K and has 4 courses inside the city limits. All within a few miles of each other. So that's about one hole per 800 citizens.

and this is relevant how?

Marblehead has one also at 800 something population but these are all villages and god knows if the park is in any kind of city limits

I doubt it. East Harbor SP has the largest campground in the Ohio SP system though, so that might put population close to 2000 or more on busy weekends :D

Sherwood, Ohio, pop 801 as of 2000 census. 9 holes, rumored to be 18 soon.

kirkland, il pop. 2,238 18 holes

built on an old trailer park near the mighty kishwaukee river. another midwest disc golf masterpiece.

Montgomery Vermont;

Sheady Acres 18 holes
Black Falls 18 holes with 2 baskets and 2 tee pads per hole for 72 unique holes
Cherry Hill 18 hole par 61 course close to 8000' in length.

Interesting topic, I'd also be curious to know the biggest city without a course.

thats a tough one. just doing a quick browse on the DGCR map and the big cities i could think of all had crappy course(s).

Because he felt like saying it pal!!!!

LMAO!!!! <while pointing at you>

muldraugh, KY - pop 1220 - 18 holes -- and a pretty fun course at that
Palmyra, IN - pop 734 - 19 holes
English, IN - pop 652 - 18 holes -- great course
Eubank, KY - pop 379 - 18 holes

town of Appling, GA should probably have to make this list somewhere too... 72 of the best disc golf holes and our 'mecca' (IDGC)... very few houses around so I can't imagine the population being very high... it's not listed on the census website

Adair Village is a city in Benton County, Oregon, United States. The population was 536 at the 2000 census.

Adair Park is right in the middle of town.

Hippy007

Bishop, GA. It has 18 hole course at the local park, and only 172 residents as of 2009.

George Anderson DGC (18 hole mixed w/ baskets), Lake, WY:

Summertime population: 300
Wintertime population: 2

I have played a few in Iowa that were pretty small. All population are from 2000. Tiffin, IA 975. Olin, IA 716 and Lowden, IA 794. All 9 hole courses, the Lowden course is acutally not bad.

The ski town of Glacier, WA has two 18 hole courses made with Hula Hoops and nets with a population of 90.

George Anderson DGC (18 hole mixed w/ baskets), Lake, WY:

Summertime population: 300
Wintertime population: 2

is the course playable in winter?

Latest posts