• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snow in Rancho Cucamonga? (Innova Blizzard Technology)

discspeed

* Ace Member *
Check this out:
http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/factory-second-blizzard-champion-boss.html
blizzard-ch-bo-orange.jpg

It seems Innova has found a way to make lighter Champion plastic...Interesting that they are marketing this as "Blizzard Technology". Innova hasn't really marketed in this manner before. Anyway, it looks like they got some kind of light weight granules or something(air bubbles?) in the plastic to make it weigh less.

Hmm, the starlite star bosses were pretty stable so I wonder how these are. If they aren't ridiculously overstable I could see them being pretty nice distance drivers

Knowing Innova they this was probably discovered this on accident and are now trying to sell it to us as lightweight champ.

bottom of the page and into the next

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=29785&page=419

If they can manage the same shape (PLH and all) I'd try to get a bag of them around 100g. =)

I'd throw some ultra-light destroyers. I have one of the japan open champ destroyers at 157 and can throw it a long way pretty easily. It would be nice to be able to get a couple of them.

ray, im thinking they will be flippy if your really put some muscle into it..... will be curious to see what you find out. what if innova made a monster lightweight? that might work better than a katana for sure.....

I already throw 150g R-Pro Boss & Katana with success. These can't be flippier than those.

Funny you say; I've got a 98g DX Monster, but have only thrown it two or three times, and only then for insane MTAs.

martinb said:
ray, im thinking they will be flippy if your really put some muscle into it..... will be curious to see what you find out. what if innova made a monster lightweight? that might work better than a katana for sure.....
The weight itself doesn't usually make them less stable, it's the fact that lighter discs tend to have a lower PLH (exceptions exist like the Starlites). If they've managed to get the PLH to stay the same while making the disc lighter with this technique, it should be just as stable, just more touchy with regard to OAT etc.

martinb said:

My lightweight destroyer is not flippy.

I hope these arent like the old bubble bosses, those things were overstable to the point of uselessness

jubuttib said:
martinb said:
The weight itself doesn't usually make them less stable, it's the fact that lighter discs tend to have a lower PLH (exceptions exist like the Starlites). If they've managed to get the PLH to stay the same while making the disc lighter with this technique, it should be just as stable, just more touchy with regard to OAT etc.
but DGCR told me that light weights are really flippy!!!

i once said this in a thread over there and everyone started yelling at me

Light discs are just easier to get up to cruising speed and as someone said usually mold up differently (lpl)

veganray said:
Looks like somebody forgot to let the tray cool completely before cutting up a few fat rails on it…
Hehehe....my thoughts exactly. I guess we'll find out if they don't start making them in anything other than an Xout bin filler.

himynameismatt said:
Knowing Innova they this was probably discovered this on accident and are now trying to sell it to us as lightweight champ.
Mmmmmmm....could be.

I am flicking the lightest star Katanas I can find, about 164-165g., with success in calm conditions, so I will be curious to hear how your blizzard 4-pack does on the course. The images appear to show a greater number of bubbles in the flight plate compared to the rim, potentially altering the weight distribution for a given shape. If so, then all four should be more or less stable compared to their bubbleless counterparts. I agree with a previous post that the inspiration for this technology was likely born in the attempt to keep bubbles out of the injection molding process, causing the clearer discs to become X-outs. Three thoughts. Will this process degrade durability? Will I even care if it gives me increased distance & control? Can they use helium inside the bubbles for even greater effect? Tell me what I need to hear, Ray.

Latest posts