• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Played decent after a week without throwing. Four clean deuces on the local short nine hole course.
One drive into the trees 70' short, lined up with the XD, trying to get a safe leave cleanup.
Drained it ! Nuthin but net. Stand there, look around, milling around my marker, waiting for somebody to say, " Hey man, nice shot" , but, nothing. Not a soul around.

My life

Wellll, ended up 3 under on an 18 holer while dealing with a friend's of a friend's 6 year old kid who needed discipline baldly. Then got a crappy burger at a bar my buddy recommended that was out of 3/4 of the beer on tap. Then decided to hit up another course. Ended up so packed full of mosquitoes that I couldn't focus, headache came on full steam, and I almost nailed a 5yr old on a bike because I just wanted to throw and end the round as quick as possible. I decided to end it after that.

I did however get a dd sniper bag in the mail, so that was cool.

Worked this morning from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Walking up to my car, I noticed that I forgot to roll-up the rear passenger window. Disc bag was sitting on the back seat, easily within reach from the open car window.

Words cannot describe how happy I was to see that my things hadn't been stolen.

^^^ glad it was not stolen!!!

I birdied some holes I never birdied at a local course. One was a 400 foot tunnel shot. Threw an FD 370' with the most perfect small s-curve. Then a solid 30' putt to finish it off.
Other was a heavy wooded 287' that I parked with an emac truth, not the hardest but finally did it.
On a heavily wooded 390' hole, ripped my PD super low and nailed the gap, landed 45' short. Went for the jump putt and just missed by an inch of the chains.
I am beginning to think I need to disc-up my bag and start to bring and use some distance drivers. (For the wide open holes/courses)

Park leagues last night and I played poorly. Not terrible, just a little off with the drives which meant I was never in good position to attack and score well. Rollers were working which was nice.

Wellll, ended up 3 under on an 18 holer while dealing with a friend's of a friend's 6 year old kid who needed discipline baldly. Then got a crappy burger at a bar my buddy recommended that was out of 3/4 of the beer on tap. Then decided to hit up another course. Ended up so packed full of mosquitoes that I couldn't focus, headache came on full steam, and I almost nailed a 5yr old on a bike because I just wanted to throw and end the round as quick as possible. I decided to end it after that.

I did however get a dd sniper bag in the mail, so that was cool.

I absolutely love my sniper bag!

Played league last night with 4 discs I borrowed from a friend, on account of forgetting my bag at home when I left for work. The only mold I had thrown before was a beat up pro d buzzz. Ended up at my average, with a +1, 55. Blew a couple easy putts, pretty decent round considering.

Today I had field practice then played a full round. Practice was ok, a little stiff at first but good warm up for the round. Yesterday i picked up a Pro-D Stratus on a whim and what!? Woah! Heh!? OMG is this thing understable! US like WOAH! I mean this thing spiraled. Clearly this thing is gonna be some kind of special because dial it in i DID NOT! wow. Needless to say i didnt use it in the round. Which by the way wasnt epic, but much better than the last one. Good weather, forgiving winds, no one else in sight, birds chirping, clear focus and no frustration. Ok fine, i came out over but it still felt good. A few solid birdies, 2 OBs and some reaaaaaally good scramble shots. I did finally par hole 13 *shakes fist in the air at hole 13* with said scamble shot. Used a hornet as a knee pad stetched out damn near laying down, RHFH Starlite Valk UNDERNEATH A BUSH!? What!? Ummmm YEAH. The whole round was worth that one shot. Re-tee with penalty stroke on hole 10, *shakes fist in air at triple mando on hole 10*, dodging some poison ivy on 17 and ending with a skipshot for par on hole 18. I've played way worse. CHEERS!

Meh round but it was a great day to be out. Course looked nice, sun was out, low wind.

Birdied hole 1 on Mt. Zion for the first time ever which was really cool, had a personal best drive on it too with my pro Destroyer to set up the 35' putt.

Rest of the round was kinda meh as stated above, nice bird on 7, stupid stupid chain out on 8 for a four, terrible drive and terrible upshot on 4, which made for a long, missed putt.

But like said, good to be out.

Was short on time yesterday, so played an actual round (not a practice round) at KCDGC, only throwing single shots for the whole round:

- Shot one over my PB for that course; -8. 10 birdies, 2 bogeys.

- Missed a putt from ~5' out for bogey :thmbdown:; banged a putt from ~60' out for birdie :thmbup:

- The MF DDx continues to be a workhorse LD driver. Was flying well for controlled distance yesterday.

- Met an excited 11yo kid who was just starting to get into the game by way of his older friend who had been playing for a while. He asked a ton of questions, wanted to watch me throw, so I explained some technique and etiquette and gave him an extra putter I had in my bag. He was super stoked. :)

- Found a red Star Tern in the middle of the fairway for hole 1, with the only marking being "Herrick 173" inked onto the top of the flight plate. Herrick, your Tern is at the SDSF Pro Shop lost and found if you read this. ;)

Got up and played an early morning round before coming in to work to scratch the itch of not playing since Monday. Also, got new shoes yesterday, so I HAD to break them in right? Didn't play real well, but I spent much of the day working on my RHBH drives. Had a couple of really nice drives that should have been birdies had I not missed my putts, and I grip-locked my go-to Z buzzz into a mess, and spent 15 minutes looking for it to no avail.

All in all, I have had better days on the course, but I got to play, so cheers to that.

Pretty good round for me today. I coasted at -4 up until hole 14's double bogey. :( i turned over my drive with a newer disc and decided to rock the buzzz with a run up. Hhhh... so, i over shot. Grrr... should have went with the trusty standstill putter upshot. Wrong hole for all that! Way too many trees around that particular basket so you really gotta nail the upshot. I did however circle the basket with a perrrrrrrfect RHFH roller for a suuupa fine drop in birdie on the rather wooded hole 17! :) So, in the end i came out -1. Nothing too flashy, but probably my best full round on that course. Also, considering im dialing in three new discs, im pretty happy with 1 under. Cheers!

+7 today; 1 off my personal best. Putted great, drove okay, upshots mostly okay. Very hot out. I threw a great tomahawk off the tee on a 210 par 3 tunnel to about 18 feet left of the basket and canned the putt for my only birdie. Only one double bogie; ona hole I usually par; frustrating. Consistently in the single digits now every time I play though, so it's just a matter of shaving a few strokes to get from the +6, +7 range down to the +2, +3 range. A couple more months of playing and diligent practice should do it.

All things considered played well.
3rd round in about 2 weeks, and have been pissed off at the world recently. Recipie for a disastrous round normally. Ran into some chill guys I've thrown with before though helped me stay cool with the early bogeys.
Ended even with 5 bogs and 5 birdies.
Pretty happy that I went out afraid my mood would wreck the round and came back feeling good and happy. Not bothered by all the bogeys... Too much.

+7 today; 1 off my personal best. Putted great, drove okay, upshots mostly okay. Very hot out. I threw a great tomahawk off the tee on a 210 par 3 tunnel to about 18 feet left of the basket and canned the putt for my only birdie. Only one double bogie; ona hole I usually par; frustrating. Consistently in the single digits now every time I play though, so it's just a matter of shaving a few strokes to get from the +6, +7 range down to the +2, +3 range. A couple more months of playing and diligent practice should do it.

Nice birdie! What kind of disc did you throw for the Tomahawk? Im about to start learning overhand throws.

Got up bright and early before the chuckers swarmed the course. Went to Blendon Woods, a fun little pitch and putt. Felt good and things were working. Tied my best with a -16 (38). Only two misses were chain outs on 6 and 10. Still hunting that elusive 36.

I had a great league round today. 899 rated 57 SWFDGA @ NFM. Best score overall, went from tag 85 to tag 30, and came in 1st in handicap ($).