• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not today but over this last weekend I played one of my best rounds so far. I was at BRP with a buddy and only threw 10 over par on all 27! No mulligans or anything like. Also nice to see some serious distance improvement over last year. Went from being 250ish to 350ish and it's still just the start of the season! Overall I was very happy - not sure what a good score at BRP is for amateurs.

shot +13 (count em all as par 3) at hidden lake. not sure what everyones rules are about the drop zones and ****. so thats a maybe score. and with a few lucky shots it is absolutely the hardest course ive ever played. if it wasnt so beautiful there i woulda left halfway through. those holes are ridiculous. that course made me its bitch once again. this time i finished though and didnt quit after hole 4 and losing two discs.

ahhh little improvements

Totally weird day. I ended up shooting an above average 2 rounds (by score) 1 and 3 shots of my personal best rounds.....but that was with absolute horrendous putting. Across 2 rounds I had 6 chain outs....all on birdie putts. Only 1 bad hole (+3), all others par or better.

Other than my one bad hole, I drove and approached absolutely awesome.

Totally weird day. I ended up shooting an above average 2 rounds (by score) 1 and 3 shots of my personal best rounds.....but that was with absolute horrendous putting. Across 2 rounds I had 6 chain outs....all on birdie putts. Only 1 bad hole (+3), all others par or better.

Other than my one bad hole, I drove and approached absolutely awesome.

Wooot! Finally put it all together last night. Excellent driving combined with above average putting (only 1 long putt made...but only 1 miss that I regret) and I managed to bag not only my personal best score from the mid tees (highest ever DGCR rated round @916), 1 off my best from the short tees, and a combined rating for the day of 903...also a personal best. Can't complain about that!

Took a buddy out to Somerset DGC. It was his first time on the course. He and I had a great day. Somerset DGC is really coming along well. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes 18 holes before the end of the year.

Visited Herman Hill in Wichita Ks with my brother. Ended up +8 from the long tees. I had shots I was really happy with, and some that were just plain stupid. I am glad it wasn't disc selection, just angle of release most times. Was throwing my volt lights out unexpectedly. Gonna try and play the other course that is apart of the dynamic discs doo dah (oak park) tommorow and hope for a good day.

Played a couple of pretty good rounds, at the DD Lawrence Open, took cash for the first time in Open!

Definitely left a bunch out there, missed some birdie putts in the circle, as well as failed to get some of the easiest birdie holes on the course.

I heard "Nice shot" a lot today. Unfortunately for me, most of those were in response to my recovery shots, as I couldn't find the fairway with my tee shots. :eek: :mad: :doh:

I was actually putting very well today - hit several 40-60' out and was pretty solid inside the circle... but most of those were for par saves, not for birds. :(

I'm having a bad tourney season this year... :wall:

Had its ups and downs. Shot 6 over due to a triple bogey on a hole i usually have to trouble parring. New vegetation growth was the bane of my existence today. Vines that were not there the last time I played grabbed my drivers numerous times leading to a few more bogies.

My only real highlight was parking 18, a blind 345 foot uphill hole with a slight curve/to the right. My only lonely birdie.

Have to get my game back on before the Nacogdoches Open this weekend.

better than yesterday...which isn't saying much, but it's moving in the right direction.

Shot 33 holes at Standing Rocks in the pouring rain for tags and lost mine by a couple strokes.

Had a couple of silly 4's and missed a couple of the easy birdie holes.

Always next time.

Set a personal best at Richlands last week and then my next round at the Castle (today) was less than stellar.
Oh well, I figured out what I was doing wrong but still had some bad luck. Most of the bad was just me.

No rounds today. Got some field practice in on a football filed. My spouse and I threw some P4s back and forth at about 75 yards.

Lost 2 Fav Discs... 3 Penalty Strokes... Still Got Best Score

Well... the distance came finally... gripped and ripped my first hole shot probably 550'+ clear over a line of trees I'd never even reached before with my new Saint Opto 175... Glide 7 for sure... it went into a private yard (tee sign says park neighbor tired of disc golfers consider your disc lost...) and then did the exact same thing hitting the tree line with my second shot (my fav sidewinder)... took a penalty shot on hole 2 as well and still wound up at an 87... a personal best at Wickham in Connecticut... without my 2 most consistent discs...

of course I went into the tree line to check at the end... and the thorn bushes made my shins look like a weed wacker attacked them... if anyone knows if there's a chance to get them back lemme know... happy to have uncorked my longest 2 throws ever... farewell to Agent Orange for a 3rd time this week...

ugh

Last edited:
Just shot the best round I ever have. Bogey free golf the entire 18 holes with 5 birdies, shooting a 49 and scoring a 1010 round rating according to DGCR. Would've been rated 994 in the last tournament played at the course. Force once I got out of my own way and had confidence in every shot I took. Thank you "Golf is not a game of Perfect" for showing me the way. I really think my game is turning a corner right now and it's so much fun.

Played my best ever at Baugo park in indiana course par is 60 shot my first 60 today an for the second round threw a 57 my best playing ever. I owe it all to the dan beto driving video that has helped me more then anything else

Haven't been playing much lately, even on my own course. I played 9 yesterday and shot a 5 under 22, just one off of my course record. With the exception of one bad tee shot, on hole #1, everything else went very well. It was a lot of fun, especially after not playing a whole round for a while. The course seemed kind of "new" to me since the foliage is a lot different than it was the last time I played a full round. :thmbup:

+2 both rounds at calvary. which is weird is first round i was shooting pars and took bogeys on the hardest holes. damm missed putts.

second round just tore it up on the hardest holes. i took 4's on 2 easy birdies. i was up to +5 but shot my way down to +2

whatever thats golf right???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts