• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left three putts out there and had an atrocious #18, but that hole is soooo wrong anyway... Shot a 66, personal best is a 64. My buddy broke 70 for the first time, and I was 5' past the hole of a 270' hole, which now makes 5 of the last 6 times I birdied that one... Which is nice

played like i've never played before but how i feel i should play every time out.
55 at Mt. Airy, the pins in the "short" positions.
one bad drive and two unlucky bounces or i would have been under 54....

I set a PR on River's Edge at 60, one under course par of 61. Certainly a course where the par 4's are legit 4s. I followed it up with a round of Short-short on Renegade's Trail, and finished -6 out there with one 4.

I threw a LOT of FH, which is my off shot. Off the tee I used CPD, SPD, SFD, Wasp and a Star Sidewinder for a particularly nice turnover shot. The my Zone, Stalker and ESP Comet for various upshots. It's getting better all the time.

My distance drives are still bleh, but thankfully River's Edge really plays to a good midrange/fairway driver placement game with only a couple holes where pure D comes in handy. Hole 9 is 400+ and my first rule is "never throw a driver." After going Meteor, Zone, I was 20' past the basket for a well earned birdie-3.

I made some really dumb mistakes, took a couple bogeys and a triple bogey this round, but still managed to shoot 55 at Kenwood trail. Not bad! At buffalo wild wings and then round two. Putting was solid, so good to be confident!

Aaaaand yuck. Putting was still decent but I just couldn't put them in the basket for round two. Had a few breakdown holes, two triple bogeys for a 60 on the second round. Oh well. 55 won today, so it's all good!

brought my whole bag out today. if it werent for super long holes i would rather just use my putter for everything. oh yeah and i sober cabbed them and talked to some dude out on the course drinking 151 and apple juice. if only i was younger.

Took my Trilogy Challenge discs down to the local 9 hole.Pretty breezy and gusty today, so I wasn't sure how well they'd do, seeing the Thief and the Claymore didn't like the wind yesterday too much.

The did quite well as tailwind discs, including the Shield, which is a pretty nice driving putter. It drove well into the wind too. I can't putt very well with it, but at least there's that.

Overall not a bad weekend of DG. Shot a -12 ar Rabbit Flats and scored an Ace off a forehand roller that jumped up off the ground into the chains.

Bring your own partner doubles.

My partner and I came from behind in fourth place to end up in second during the third and final round.

We both played some solid consistent golf.

I made some really dumb mistakes, took a couple bogeys and a triple bogey this round, but still managed to shoot 55 at Kenwood trail. Not bad! At buffalo wild wings and then round two. Putting was solid, so good to be confident!
How was there service at bww? In curious if it is better or worse when you go after throwing on maintenance workers

How was there service at bww? In curious if it is better or worse when you go after throwing on maintenance workers

it was alright, though frankly i have no idea where the second part of your second sentence is coming from! :) we had no maintenance workers on the course while we were throwing, which was nice. some people had juuuuuust finished mowing, though. i think some people were throwing on them, maybe? i dunno. our league didn't start until after they left.

in other news, i shot a personal best -7 at oakwood with a bogey...that i actually could have saved with a 20' putt. whoops. been doing pretty well lately, but i guess that's kinda how my game rides anyway...ups and downs.

Last edited:
Finally shot even for the first time in my life! Got par on my local par 29 course. Pared 1 and 2, birdied 3, botched 4 badly with a bogey, then pared everything else. Very stoked.

Shot 52 (on the 55 setup) at Albert Oakland Top course last night. I was pretty happy with that, especially since I managed a decent amount of tries for birdie. My putting is just so rusty that I didn't convert many of them.

Shot a -9 at the club weekly and finished 2nd. Not terribly bad but I was disappointed with the overall score.

Crappy. Found every tree just enough to knock it off the fairway. Putting was passable, but it took too many throws to get to the circle...

-11 from the shorts at Cass Benton DGC in Northville, MI. Putted idk, eh...and my upshots have been left all week. Worked on the RHFH...coming along great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts