• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a new course for me today, Bunker Hills. Posted par is 30 but I took it down in 25. I guess that it good considering I had never played it before.

Played 36+ at Druid Hill today, one round short-to-short and one round long-to-long, finishing with a few bonus short-to-short holes. After playing Seneca Creek regularly, Druid felt like a wide-open confidence booster.

Wasn't keeping score but played well after a slow start, finishing birdie-birdie-par-birdie on 16, 17, 18, and 10.

6 down, no bogies, on my friends private 18.

Trying out some new plastic today on a lot of the shots.

Won a bunch of singles playing dirty dollars.

Had fun throwing a round of minis on our local regular sized course. First 9 is out in the open and the next 9 are in the woods. (there are actually 18 in the woods but we only threw the first 18) Started slow but picked up at the end. Love throwing minis on big courses. There was a group of 4 in front of us that couldn't get over how far we were throwing. I ended up 6 down using par 4 for all but 1 hole. The last hole we set at par 5 due to the basket being in the long position.

Attachments

• scorecard.jpg
    scorecard.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 8
Played a new course for me today, Bunker Hills. Posted par is 30 but I took it down in 25. I guess that it good considering I had never played it before.

i hope you didnt pay for the $5 for parking cuz its not worth it.

and arent they all par 3's?

I made my first time ever over 50ft putts, twice! I also found two discs near mine in a pond. A Tern and an XXS discraft.( no name/number)

After years of second places, bad performances, just plain chokery, and about ten unsanctioned wins, I finally won my first PDGA tournament over the weekend. Felt good. Unsanctioned I had moved up to open locally and was getting beat up by the field and myself so far this season. Not playing enough tournies and when I did not hanging. So a PDGA b tier seemed like a great chance to step back to where my rating actually is and try to build some confidence. I won by ten :| Still wouldn't have cashed in open but if I take my 5 5's over the three rounds and make each one a 4, I would have cashed in open. On the right track.

Nice job menace!

I played in a tag round yesterday at the (IMO) hardest course in dfw, turner park. I was not expecting the beat down that I was in for. With a par of 58 I played a terrible 64 and walked away with the number 6 tag. Thank goodness I wasn't the only one getting killed by the 104 degree heat.

I started so well with an 80 ft duece on hole 1! That's about where it fell off. I had 5 birdies and still shot a 64. It was like a bad dream. I walked away with that disgusted feeling I usually have after drinking curdled milk, half awake, at 5 in the morning.

That course defeated me. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3596&mode=ci

Played a tourny in ga yesterday. No lost discs in the water. Did not shoot what I would call a happy two rounds but did not go over the number in my head I wanted to not go over. Need to hit the basket for putting. All my drives felt real good. Both back hand and side arm. Should help to raise the rating 10 plus points

Played the Mother of the Valley b-tier in Terre Haute Saturday. Pouring rain first rd, humid the 2nd. didn't play that well. finished last in MM1 again. oh well i had a good group of friends and it was ok. i need to become more consistent in my game.

Played Lagoon Valley in Vacaville for the first time on Sat afternoon. The wind was really whipping, so I was fairly stoked with my +4 finish (and NOT losing any discs in the water).

Yesterday got in a safari 18 out at Wortman Park in McMinnville, Oregon. Threw pretty damn well. Took my soft voodoo, gstar roc3, and gstar teebird3. All three of the discs I just bought. Threw a -3. Was throwing that teebird longer than usual. Tomorrow I am going to caddy at worlds!

After a tourney where I failed I went out to my home course to redeem myself...and WOW. Shot my highest ever 2 rd total (dgcr rating) with 943 & 958 rated rounds shooting from long & short tees. Tied my personal best from longs, 2 off my personal best from shorts. Was draining long putts today (redemption from Saturday's 2nd round of fail). Had 3 long approaches off the cage & 1 off the top. One shot OB by only inches...turning a 2 into a 4. So close to setting other bests...but most importantly I was ON and it felt great after this weekend.

threw nearly a perfect round in my back yard from the red tees. I hit the exact lines I was attempting to off the tee - hit the first 5 in a row. 6 got knocked down a touch early, my jumper just skipped off the left side of the basket. Hole 7 I was a touch long, left my putt a little low off the cage. Shot -7, 1 off my best round out there, but I felt it was the closest round that I had to that elusive -9. One of these days...

Went to a short course to work on my forehand game. It's much better than I anticipated. I'll be sure to increase the amount of forehand shots in my game. From the way I was driving, it may be a lot.

won Little Mulberry dubs

tied at -11 with a real good pairing and then beat them on first playoff hole with a park job :D

partner and I threw a ton of thumbers :thmbup:

... and a win tonight at Herm dubs with a -16 :thmbup:

I played like total crap today in the rain...

...but I shot a nice 52 (-18 per posted par) @ Plamann Creek 18 on Sunday! :D Best score of the year for me!

im not sure of the distance but i had a horrible drive that flipped in the headwind so i was at a disadvantage on the long shot to the pin. so i pulled out my fresh z stalker cuz the wind is going pretty good and its a beefy one. cant see the pin from where i am cuz of trees blocking it. but i launch it, flips to flat and starts fading in hard around the trees. i hear some chains smash, i yell wtf and ask if it stuck as my buddies are going nuts and so is the group that is playing a neighboring hole. it was sicker than a lot of peoples aces.

but other than that shot like +2 up i think or around that all 3 rounds

oh yeah i must have played on some non regulation baskets cuz my putts hit the cage or the hat, but never the chains. way too many strokes left out there

Still trying to beat my personal best at my home course of -7. (9holes/round....3 rounds @ Lost Creek, Superior, NE) -6,-5 &-7 I would of had it on my last round but I missed wide right, on the shortest hole of the course. My putt was an inch too low and had to settle for a par. Maybe next time.....Still glad to be out playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts