• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot a +1, -1 and -2 at a new course I had never played before today. It was a very long course for having all par 3s. One hole was a 596 ft par three. I never quite got it, got even with the basket all three times but was about 30-50ft wide left all three times and never nailed the long putt.

Honestly if I could consistently putt like I do on good days this would have been have been more like -2, -4, -5. Just have to keep working.

Went to GGGT with a friend to help him fill some gaps in his developing bag, he was all fired up on the new plastic so we decided to hit some nearby courses. I ended up throwing 34 strokes at Bassett Creek. 32 strokes at Plymouth Creek, which was a soupy mess. As a joke, I suggested stopping by Zachary Playfield so he could experience "the worst course in the twin cities". Joy of joys, this course has been revamped. New baskets, new teepads, signage, the works. Last time I played here, this course had a tone pole that doubled as a basket for 2 holes, so talk about an improvement. I shot 27 and 25 strokes, respectively. The icing on the cake for this awesome day? My buddy threw his Mako3 in the water on hole 5. Me being the manly man that I am, I offered to get it for him in exchange for a Qdoba burrito. While wading through the horrifically cold water to rescue his disc, I found a 175g 12x Champion TeeBird and a 174g 400G D1, both without names or numbers. Score.

Shot -6 at the local course with 20mph winds. I'll take it.

:thmbup:

I had a round at my local course today, also in epic winds. Bad, sloppy choices equated to a +6. Had quite a number of putts for birdie which bounced off metal (be it chains or basket), a few of which on another day could have been different but alas...

The quest continues.

Threw pretty good, back in Ga on my home course after a week and 140 holes in Oregon.

I shot pretty well, a -5, but I know there are 3-5 more holes I can birdie here. Just haven't put it all together in one round. I can feel a -7 or -8 in the scorecard in the near future though!

Today sucked.

I've been teaching winter colorguard in this area for the past 3 years, and their championships have been at Winthrop coliseum. Weather has always crapped out on me in the past to play at the course. This year, they split the event between two locations and our group ended up at Rock hill high school. I had planned to head over to Winthrop gold for the first time when our event was done and my students were watching all the professional groups perform at the arena.

Show runs over time, awards last too long- no time for Winthrop. So my 2 year old son and I play rock hill high school's course. Threw from hole 6 almost to hole 9 in one shot. Yay.

I didn't play well today. It was a cold and windy early morning round and I couldn't drive for anything. I still defended my tag though and I had fun.

Had to Post...

Got my very first Ace today! Second course of the day...first hole..first throw...hard hyzer into 20 mile an hour cross wind 270 feet out..brand new max weight pred from the local course winter freeze tourney! Played doubles n played lights out the rest of the round!

Mediocre. Played 2 disced down rounds. Longer layout with Fairways, and shorter layout with mids/putters. Had some nice throws but also made some of my usual mistakes, even took a couple 4s and 5s on usual birdie holes. :/

Played in the Party at the ponds tournament. It was a c-tier and my first sanctioned rounds ever. finished 12th outta 27, missed cash by a few spots. two rounds of 24 = (-1) 71 and (+5) 77 for a +4 148.

B-tier Sat and Sun, playing Rec. High winds over 20+ steady all day. Played horribly Sat, but Sun was much improved. Realized I have a flaw in my throw that I need to fix (not getting enough reach back).

Felt so much better today, including crushing some of my best drives so far this season. The score didn't really reflect it since I was dealing with 20mph+ gusts that swirled all over the place, but it feels good to be throwing 450'+ with my Outlaws on a golf line again. Just in time for a big bomber of a tournament a little over two weeks from now.

Played decent/solid, to the tune of -1, but that wasn't the best part of today.

I actually went around the newest KMDGC set of tees for the first time. I have my work cut out for me, creating actual tees and doing tome trimming... but it's definitely playable as is. Personal course maintenance/installation... good times!

Played like **** yesterday, but got 2nd in doubles after winning a CTP on playoff against someone who may me better than me. Played today and totally crushed a new wraith. It's an old wraith, new to me, my first wraith. Loving it. Lots of potential with it. Gonna be a great year.

lmao, it was hilarious playing in that wind on sunday. i'm guessing 20 mph sustained with 30+ gusts; HAD to be.

i threw my OS TB on a high hyzer on hole 1 at brp. a ridiculous gust picked it up about halfway there, lifted it another 40' in the air, carried it waaaaaaaaaay back to the right and 50' backward, almost put it in the water ditch for hole 27's fairway.

it looked like a little UFO. i had more than enough time to whip out my phone and video but we were too busy crying from laughter and screaming fore. i've only ever seen stuff like that on youtube.

lmao, it was hilarious playing in that wind on sunday. i'm guessing 20 mph sustained with 30+ gusts; HAD to be.

i threw my OS TB on a high hyzer on hole 1 at brp. a ridiculous gust picked it up about halfway there, lifted it another 40' in the air, carried it waaaaaaaaaay back to the right and 50' backward, almost put it in the water ditch for hole 27's fairway.

it looked like a little UFO. i had more than enough time to whip out my phone and video but we were too busy crying from laughter and screaming fore. i've only ever seen stuff like that on youtube.

Lol, when the wind is blowing like that, your disc can get really crazy. During the Mulligan Stew, the wind was high then and on any of the open holes it was a toss up where your disc could.end up. Glad your disc didn't end up in the drink.

Just tied my best 18 hole round (+5) playing this 19 hole course for the very first time, with an entirely different lineup of discs and pain/discomfort in the wrist of my throwing hand. The best part of this round was that I did not card a 5 on any of the holes. Gotta do that more often. Consistency and field work are the only way that I'll get there. Keep on discing fellow DG'ers.

I had that happen on a winter round of doubles this year on an open course. My partner was a really good player (~990) and we were giving each other crap for our misses. On one hole he laughs at my horrible FH throw as I take the safe route....but leave it ~50 out. He takes the BH hyzer route right into the nasty headwind with a wasp. It stands right up....levels out....turns around....and ends up OB ~100' right of us and 50' behind us.

I couldn't stop laughing.

Not playing well this week.

Did some field work today and I'm consistently throwing my S-PD farther than any disc in my bag at about 385-390', laser straight the whole way. Somehow my Destroyers, C-PD and Patriots are all going the same distance (around 370') on different lines. My Meteor isn't too far behind at 350'. Clearly having nose-up issues. I used to be able to hit 410' pretty consistently with Flashes, longer with Destroyers.

At least my putting and mid-range game seems to be going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts