• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot -6 at Lakeview today. Seven 2's and 1 four. I had 6 2's in a row! Also a dude on my card got an ace on hole 6 at Payne Park in an earlier round today. Good times!

Shot my personal best on Granite Ridge course at Highbridge! Finished up +1, beating my previous of +2. Was on track for a one under or even, but that darn last hole killed me.

The big focus for me today was putting, I was draining everything!! Got a 45 foot par save on hole 6, and a 33 foot par save out of a trench around a tree on hole 12. Nailed all my circle putts as well. Putting practice (I'm only doing 1/2 hr a day) pays off people!!!

Tied my personal best of 61 on Squaw Creek Gold. I just can't manage to get over the hump and break 60 there. Today I avoided big blowups and actually eagled the par 5 13th for the first time, but I didn't birdie enough of the easy holes to get there. Some day soon!

Played Waller Park in Santa Maria, CA today for the first time. Great course. Open holes, wooded, tight OB, low ceilings, all the fun stuff. And didn't do too bad. Shot a +6 to tie for the win in our 4 man group. Definitely a course I want to play again.

Thumb smashed on my Galaxy Note 4

Didn't play per say but I spent several hours out in the course to work on my form. I thought really hard on what my body needs to do to get extra distance on all the speed classes and was successful on putters to Fairways. Jury is out on the distance class. Most helpful was throwing Fairways 290' average to about 320 average. Still not great but it's still a good feeling to me

Played the Bluegrass Open like the Reds pitching crew: Grabbed the lead in MPG after the first round, then managed to fall out of the cash by the end. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...:wall:

Like crap at Vision Quest, and too many possibilities for the reason why to be able to determine a quick fix. I am grip locking everything when a tight line is required. It was embarrassing that first round; thank goodness it was best shot doubles and I made enough shots to not make it look like my partner carried the whole load.

To make matters worse, after nearly losing a BioFuzion Truth in the water on Hole 15, and also after placing a decent shot on dry land after a 330 foot water carry, I had to take a second shot because I needed a picture of me throwing. That shot micro-grip locked into the fountain's spraying water which redirected it toward the longest part of the water, needing a 370-380 foot carry. Unfortunately the spray knocked enough out of it where it came 15 feet or less short of the shore. I could not recover it.

I play about five times a week, but I do not feel fatigued. That does not mean that it would hurt to back away for a day or two. The real issue is that the majority of the course I play near work are of the open field/ city park variety, but of the last two league dates we have had, they have been on tight technical courses. Maybe I am just trying too hard to get the perfect drive, especially since my putting sucks, forcing me to drive and or approach directly under the basket. It cannot be age; I am only 40 and this year I am topping out at 400-415 feet where last year I was closer to 385-400. I am up to 210 pounds, 30 over where I would like to be, so maybe that is it. I used to do 120 push-ups and crunches a night, but unfortunately the new job this year requires I get up much earlier which means going to bed earlier. 120 is down to maybe 30 push-ups and just an attempt everyday to get to 12,000 steps. Maybe next year I can get back to a more physical routine.

After that torture, although any day out playing is not truly torture, I played a second round because traditionally I play considerably better the second time around. I started out with a double bogey because of hitting the first tree with a griplock and then later missing a bogey-saving putt that I should have made. But then on Hole 3, one of the most difficult holes on the course, becaus of tight trees and a water hazard that you must fly over, I had one of my best shots ever. Okay, maybe the tide has turned. Instead of trying to force fresh Star TeeBirds into flying flat, I switched over to line shaping with my C Glow FDs. However, I spent the next several holes swapping birdies with bogeys. It was a blessing to escape the technical holes at -1 because it could have been tremendously worse. Once I got out in the open field, aside for missing a 15 foot putt I had no business missing, it was a cakewalk because micro-griplocks can be masked by the stability of the disc.

I finished Vision Quest at -1 (53), tied for my second best score. Even during that second round I felt like I was throwing crap. The birdies felt routine, but when a shot went bad, it felt really bad. Besides for the putt mentioned earlier, I missed two other near-gimmies. So, despite all my problems, 53 is still a very competitive score for that course, and if I had made those routine putts and cleaned up my two most costly drives, what felt like a bad round would have been a tremendous.

Shot par at Flat Rock on Friday, -1 at Crane Hill yesterday. Hopefully getting a practice round at Maple Hill whites today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We played a 2 round mini at Indian hills yesterday.

First round I tied my PR at (-3) 51, and backed it up with a not too bad (+4) 58. Was putting lights out first round and not nearly as hot second round.

Still wasn't good enough for a win, or to keep my #1 tag. Local pro George Smith shot 47/54. I can't complain since he was in fire and I shot my best round of the season and my best 2 round total at that brutal course.

Honestly, today's rounds left me quietly confident. Drive distance isn't quite there yet, not compared to where it was before the two week break, but putter was doing some serious work today, dead-center almost automatically. Couple of longer putts also went in. Only really left wanting back a couple of putts that hit the chains, bounced to the rim of the basket, "danced" there and decided to drop out instead of in, two birdies that looked like staying, but just didn't. Thanks to grass being so low at the moment, was able to make several skip-upshots on purpose, sadly a month or so onwards, will have to switch to airshots from similar placements.

Got my first 3 on a difficult 500+ footer for the first time today. Been trying to par that hole for a loooong time. Felt darn good to park the approach. Didn't finish the rest of the round because of the heat, but it was nice to get a few holes in.

Just shot a 30 (-6 if playing all par 3s) at Plymouth Creek using a lit up 176g Big Z Mantis hahahahahaha who knew the Mantis was so awesome? Not me, that is for sure. It is good at everything except high power forehand shots. For that reason alone, my Champ Viking will remain my favorite night brawler. For now, anyways. Mantis definitely exceeded my expectations though hahahaha, good mold.

Played my first round on the new course here in Hutchinson, MN at Ridgewater College. Nice 9 hole course, played like crap the first round, felt like a I played pretty good second round but was surprised and pissed when I looked at my card and it both rounds were a 32...lol

Weather was almost on the too warm side, with the mosquitoes starting to come out, luckily the nettles are still low enough not to worry about even in shorts. Got what was I think the first ever par on the opening hole of the course we played, even with a less than stellar teeshot. Of course, followed that up with a double bogey on a par-3 that's half the distance of the first hole :doh: . Somewhere around the midway point of the round noticed an odd thing, I was sinking downhill putts with ease, while seeing my uphill putts go all over the place, usually prefer uphill putts. Despite a bad start, clawed myself with couple of strokes off my PB for the course.

Second round start with a disappointing bogey after the best ever drive, only to follow that up with #Dam, meaning great drive, botch the upshot. Luckily, made three birdies over five holes, including two absolute drop-ins that probably were solid ace runs, throwing a Rampage both times. -2 after seven, but then things started going awry. Managed a drop-in birdie on #18 to at least break my PB by two strokes, but man, the potential for a much better round was SO there.

Upsides were getting a birdie on #18 both rounds, shortest hole on the course, but really annoying downhill touch shot, elevated basket on top of a three foot wide crest, anywhere else and you're rolling, rolling, rolling. Holes I would like to take back are #9 and #15, par-4s where the drive really let me down, even found OB for the first time ever off the tee.

A strange day for me. I was throwing really well but not scoring well. Just too inconsistent.

Frustratingly poorly. Was supposed to play with a couple friends, and 6 people showed up. Way too large a group for me, even for doubles. It didn't help that it was hot as hell and everyone just wanted to stand around drinking beer instead of playing. The wildly slow pace threw me way off my game.

On the positive side, I continued to hit good putts, mids were dialed in for the most part. Slow pace, and rushing my drives to compensate did me in

Yeah, muddling along I suppose. First hole, shank the drive into the ground less than halfway down the fairway (which seems to be the norm for that hole first round), then three putt for double bogey, all inside the circle (airball-city :wall: ). After playing a wooded course yesterday and not even looking for skipshots, today's course was a more park-style on. Seems a week of sunshine has done wonders for the grass, it certainly had grown quite a bit, really playing havoc with my skip-upshots, looks like have to go back to airshots. Some good birdies, some less than stellar holes, pretty much what one might expect. At least there was pretty much no waiting despite the weather being "pretty nice", sunny, mild breeze and about mid-70s (F) temperatures.

I played like a man possessed! It has been rainy, so I made today count. I started off at Crown College, super stoked just to be there, but my excitement melted away once I got to hole 3. Someone needs to MOW this place yesterday. The fairway grass is over a foot tall in some spots, needless to say I played very cautiously for the remainder of the round. Safety disc. I ended up shooting a 52, which is decent, but not losing anything was the bigger victory. I then decided to truck it to Staring. I played three rounds there, shot 23, 22, and 22 again, rang the VIP Harp off the chains on hole 5 but she did not stick. There were many pole and cage strikes besides that, but the Harp shot actually got me excited. I then got the itch to play Bandimere, so I went there. I played three rounds there as well, shot 23, 22, and 23. Had another chain lasher on hole 1 with a backhanded Big Z Buzzz, but it hit the left side, so it spat out. Same story on hole 3 with a forehanded Champion Beast-X. I swear, if I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all. On the third round, I griplocked the Buzzz on hole 5 and wasted about an hour trying to find it. Got effed up by some thorny vegetation, which agitated me, but my perseverance paid off, turns out it was about four feet off the ground hiding in a tree limb. No soldier left behind. I also found an inkless 168g DX Leopard. Bonus haha. Since my daylight was gone, I decided to truck it to Plymouth Creek for a night round. I decided to light up the Champion Valkyrie and force myself to not throw forehand. Ended up shooting a 32, which is awesome considering my forehand carries me at that course. I just took a food break, probably gonna go play some more since it is still really nice out. No idea what course yet hahaha.

Last edited:
Great! Cant complain when I got my first ace!!!!!! Number 16 at Calumet Lake, laser straight, skipped in dead center chains, thrown w an Innova Atlas. I just stood there in disbelief for about a minute, then it sunk in. Helped me finish with a 2 under and a personal best for the course. Awesome day to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.