• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windy today, so I put the Viking away and opted for the D3 as my main driver. Hit an Eagle on one long hole and shot 5 down over 9 overall.

Pretty happy.

Good: Tested a bunch of new discs today at the local course. Lucid Truth and Opto River stood out, and the VIP Stag is worthy of further testing.

Bad: Pulled a muscle in my mumble mumble on the next to last hole.:( Not sure how long that will keep me out of action.

Out with the 9yo daughter, threw mostly like crap, but wasn't really trying too hard. A couple nice drives. Took update pix of the 9 holer down the street. Field tested the Ace Race discs...meh, we'll see. Really diggin' the beat Star TB I got at PIAS, though.

bought 6 wizards to go with the one i bought last week.

aputtcalypse commenced.

feeling the confidence go up already now that i'm throwing the same disc for driving, putting and approaching.

been focusing on using less arm and getting more distance with less effort. my patriot makes threading fairways too easy. did well at kaposia today. -2. no bogeys. did not play the 24 hole layout.

Went back to a nearby 9 holer to play a few rounds & get to 15,002 holes (MAN it's a long way to 20K!)... and managed to shoot a new course personal best (21) while 'rolling over the odometer'...so I'm :p.

Spent half of my lunchtime field practice in a tree trying to get my Banshee down. It's been a week since I've thrown a disc. :/

One of my best rounds at Bellamy Park! Shot a 55 (course par is 60, heavy woods, 5677ft, SSE of 52) and that's with bogeys on 15, 16, and 18 :doh:. Whatever, I'm still happy!

went out in the crap weather and was putting like a boss.

also driving like a boss with the putters.

these wizards have me on point. the RFF's are laser straight and great for driving short holes and downhill with hard pack. hit and stick. done.

i'm finding myself going for putts i normally didn't really concentrate on . . . and barely missing, just fading out a bit early. i can't wait until my softs and my organics break in a bit so i can have overstable and stable putters. yummy.

New RFF Wizard in the mail...and about 20 mins of practice putting on the new basket (can't stop looking out the back door to see the wonderfulness of it).

New RFF Wizard in the mail...and about 20 mins of practice putting on the new basket (can't stop looking out the back door to see the wonderfulness of it).

lucky.

i caught a couple CTPs and the 200$ ace pot from leagues and opted to get a fade tourney bag, 9 wizards, a soft anode, a regular anode and an ion. basket was a VEEEERRRRRRY close second, though. thankfully we have a couple local courses closeby that i can run to if i want to practice. with winter coming up, i'm rethinking my decision, haha . . . would be nice to have a basket in the basement when no one else is around.

:thmbup:

Is it a full sized basket or a Skillshot-type? I've got a Skillshot and love it.

Full sized would be pretty money, though.

Also, I picked up an SSS Wizard at Glide in Madison today since he was sold out of RFFs. Pretty nice. Couldn't feel a ton of difference between the two and they seemed to play roughly the same.

Got in 45 holes today at Arrowhead (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5505) -- 18 before work and 27 on my lunch break -- but my inconsistency is driving me crazy. Shot -3 in the morning and +5 in the afternoon. My fickle form and patchy putting made this a very frustrating day. But tomorrow I'll wake up and do it all over again....hopefully without the erratic outcome.

3 metals and one ace today. -7 on a nine hole course. yesterday it was -8 with a par on 9, but that was a heartbreaker. always wanted to go 9 up, 9 down.

Jammed in a quick 9 on the way to a trade show. Played so-so, drive/approach and putting seemingly alternating which was off each hole. Did rip one dead perfect drive with my unLace though...so I'll hang my hat one that for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.