• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a round and a half in the rain today, yay! :| At least I was gortexed up like a boss. The only thing that made today's crappy tournament worth while was seeing the look on my dumbass friend's at lunch. He was the only person there that didn't come prepared with rain gear.:D

whats rain gear?

Rain gear is defined as: a garment of clothing that wicks away poor performances in rain riddled countries. In layman's terms, it's like having a jacket and pants made of sidewinders

You might if you've tried to throw in East Asia during the rainy season or England any season. Those rains get pretty chubby. Drinking beer was my friend's rain coat today. Maybe he's on to something.

Played by myself on Halloween and actually started paring ,par'd 11 holes! why is it ,when you play with friends or pair up with strangers that your game can fall off drastically? I have only played by myself a few times and actually like it because I don't have to follow someone elses bad form or think about beating someone on a hole, never been good at the competition thing..

^^^ It is easy to lose concentration when playing with others.

Played a lunchtime 9+ holes at Seneca on Friday. I was working on a more closed stance and getting the disc into the power pocket. Results were inconsistent, which is expected, but the better throws were better than I usually do so I'll keep working at it. I have a couple of months until Ice Bowl season starts.

Best holes were the first and last. Warming up on the first hole (19B) I hit the line with three out of four drives. The miss was with the G* Tern, which continues to fade out too early for me. I may need to switch back to the Star Tern or spend some time skipping the G* Tern across the parking lot.

Last hole (10B) hit the line with a Hatchet and finished pin-high, but the disc faded left at the end. Was happy to reach the pin, but can't wait until the Hatchet loses some of its fade and holds a turnover to the ground.

Got in a round in the cold & rain - not great conditions but it was the last club even of the season so I couldn't miss it. Shot fairly horribly as the rain got to me in the 2nd half but didn't end up with a horrid tag as everyone else seemed to suffer as well. Oh well. Good times were had and that's what matters.

Did some field work today and may have had a break through. My pinky seems to get in the way more times than not, it never feels comfortable or like it has much pressure on the disc. I have short stubby fingers, and my pinky is crooked on my right hand from being broken about 4 times. I tucked my pinky and felt right off the bat, like my grip was stronger and the nose of the disc was more down already. I was throwing about 250 feet with ease with 1 step as to where before, I was hitting 200-220 with an x step walk up. I was throwing at a park that has a 9 hole course, and using hole 1 for practice (no one else ever plays this course), and a few times I sailed my driver over the basket, my buzzz made a few ace runs, hit the basket once from tee, which I'm not sure if that would have actually been counted as an ace since I wasn't playing the course.

I seriously haven't played a honest round in about a month, but had a free early evening to go out to my home course. I didn't expect much, as I always try to play by tournament rules even when I play casual, but managed a +4. All my drives were thrown at about 60-70% power, but my approach shots were dead on. Most of the time, I landed within my 25ft comfort range from the pin. The 4 extra shots were from putts outside of 30-40 ft. It was a beautiful fall day and I'm embarrassed that I have been away from the course for so long. I've missed the sound of those chains!

It was WINDY today, and I did really well. Finally got to test out my wind fighters. Out of the Felon, Enforcer, F1, Saint Pro, and Banshee. The F1 and Saint Pro did the best.
I was -5 at the start of 16, but lost a few strokes in those windy putts. Finished -2. Had a lot of fun, even though it was freezing.

I always wonder if there is a point where you can play too much and it only hurts your game each subsequent day. I am trying to take advantage of the few remaining nice days we have left combined with the days getting shorter and shorter. There is a nice 18 holer that I hit as often as I can on my way home from Saint Cloud to Maple Grove. I can usually get to Clearwater by 4pm, meaning that I have about a month left before I run out of playable daylight.

So I hit up this course about three times a week for at least one round, two if I am moving fast enough. When I play my normal game and am shooting well, I should be carding anywhere from 51 to 55. However, recently I have been pulling in more and more 57-60s just because of bad kicks, bad luck, and a definite inability to hit lines I know I am capable of hitting. One or two arrant throws, I can handle that, but I have been plagued that I am suddenly looking at missing almost every drive by 10 to 30 degrees. I know what I am capable of throwing, but it is just not working out how I envisioned on the tee pad.

Yet before I can totally buy into the overplaying bit, my aces are up in general as well. In the last two months I have five Cubby aces and two legitimate ones. If anything, I find that I truly need to slow down and concentrate on my form to reign myself back in. For example, last weekend I was out with a group of friends at Millstream (Saint Joseph) and Riverside (Saint Cloud). I was trying to have a good time, which means less concentration on form and more concentration on having fun. At Millstream I found the water four times and hit the mando tree on Hole 4. My worst round there in years. At Riverside I was at least playing best shot doubles. I hit the first available tree off the tee no less than six times. Thankfully I did put up a few good shots as well, all but parking Hole 5. Driving is usually one of the stronger aspects of my game, so during a fun around if I can just drive decently I know I am going to have a blast with my friends. This absolute debacle sucked a lot of fun out of it for me.

As last weekend exemplified, it has been really bad the last few weeks. I am playing almost as much as I would play during the summer when I am not teaching, so maybe it is just too much for so long. I am finding that I need to concentrate more and more to get back the shots that were almost automatic earlier in the year. On Thursday at Clearwater, during my first round I carded my worst round in years, a 60 (I know, it really is not that bad, but my average is usually 5-7 throws better). For the second round, trying to reign in my frustation, I concentrated on every shot, slowing down my process, and really tried to make the shot. I turned around and recorded my personal best there, a 49, and that is with two blown putts and one miracle putt to save par. A night and day round only minutes apart.

I took Friday off because of Halloween, and thanks to the five hours of yardwork I had to do today combined with the double digit hours of lesson planning and grading I still have to do this weekend, all I could afford to do today was to hit up a really small 9-holer.

I always wonder if there is a point where you can play too much and it only hurts your game each subsequent day. I am trying to take advantage of the few remaining nice days we have left combined with the days getting shorter and shorter. There is a nice 18 holer that I hit as often as I can on my way home from Saint Cloud to Maple Grove. I can usually get to Clearwater by 4pm, meaning that I have about a month left before I run out of playable daylight.

So I hit up this course about three times a week for at least one round, two if I am moving fast enough. When I play my normal game and am shooting well, I should be carding anywhere from 51 to 55. However, recently I have been pulling in more and more 57-60s just because of bad kicks, bad luck, and a definite inability to hit lines I know I am capable of hitting. One or two arrant throws, I can handle that, but I have been plagued that I am suddenly looking at missing almost every drive by 10 to 30 degrees. I know what I am capable of throwing, but it is just not working out how I envisioned on the tee pad.

Yet before I can totally buy into the overplaying bit, my aces are up in general as well. In the last two months I have five Cubby aces and two legitimate ones. If anything, I find that I truly need to slow down and concentrate on my form to reign myself back in. For example, last weekend I was out with a group of friends at Millstream (Saint Joseph) and Riverside (Saint Cloud). I was trying to have a good time, which means less concentration on form and more concentration on having fun. At Millstream I found the water four times and hit the mando tree on Hole 4. My worst round there in years. At Riverside I was at least playing best shot doubles. I hit the first available tree off the tee no less than six times. Thankfully I did put up a few good shots as well, all but parking Hole 5. Driving is usually one of the stronger aspects of my game, so during a fun around if I can just drive decently I know I am going to have a blast with my friends. This absolute debacle sucked a lot of fun out of it for me.

As last weekend exemplified, it has been really bad the last few weeks. I am playing almost as much as I would play during the summer when I am not teaching, so maybe it is just too much for so long. I am finding that I need to concentrate more and more to get back the shots that were almost automatic earlier in the year. On Thursday at Clearwater, during my first round I carded my worst round in years, a 60 (I know, it really is not that bad, but my average is usually 5-7 throws better). For the second round, trying to reign in my frustation, I concentrated on every shot, slowing down my process, and really tried to make the shot. I turned around and recorded my personal best there, a 49, and that is with two blown putts and one miracle putt to save par. A night and day round only minutes apart.

I took Friday off because of Halloween, and thanks to the five hours of yardwork I had to do today combined with the double digit hours of lesson planning and grading I still have to do this weekend, all I could afford to do today was to hit up a really small 9-holer.

hit me up around cloud and ill show you how to play

hit me up around cloud and ill show you how to play

Tuesday and Friday look to be the best weather days. I should be at Clearwater both days at 4pm. That should be just enough time to sneak in one round before it becomes too dark. If and when it does become too dark, I will likely hit River's Edge in Waite Park at 3:40.

So, I did what I always do at a tournament.

I laid a giant turd the first round, and came back decent (but not great) the 2nd.

6 stroke improvement, and the 2nd round was glow :doh:

Played at the "Tortilla Chucker" course in Dodge City, KS. I was visiting town and had nothiung better to do, so stopped by the better course in town. Not the best course in the area. (Which WILL change in the near future, check my profile for details.) Just about aced this hole (8) from the alternate tee, which is about 140 feet behind where this picture was taken, making it about 390 feet. Threw my DD Fuzion Trespass on a slight hyzer through the gap, hit the basket, and landed right under the basket. I was playing with some of the locals and they all said that they've only seen a few birdies in the about 6 or 7 years they've played there, and never seen someone come close to acing. Felt pretty accomplished, since I'm only 14, and these guys who play here are all 20+.

Last edited:
I always wonder if there is a point where you can play too much and it only hurts your game each subsequent day. I am trying to take advantage of the few remaining nice days we have left combined with the days getting shorter and shorter.

Played Kensington Black Locust (MI) with my disc golf buddies today - all 27 holes. The only other time I've played it was a putter round a month or so ago, and I've improved a lot since then.

Since the days are getting shorter and much colder here in Michigan, I've been out doing a LOT of fieldwork. I played a putter round from the pro tees at The Ponds last week, and before my shoulder fully recovered from that I put myself through 2 solid days of fieldwork.

Going into the round today I played well, but I could tell my shoulder was fatigued. I was missing relatively easy putts that I should have made. Ultimately, I only took 2 shots off my previous score. Still... it was a good round.

I played a 3 disc round at Knobley Mt. DGC from the Red tees. I used three molds, that I haven't thrown before, from my selection of give-away discs... a DX Shark, DX Cobra and DX Aero. The discs flew pretty much as expected. The Aero was similar to my normal P&A Aviars with less low speed fade. The Cobra was similar to my normal Stingrays, although a bit more stable. The Shark, though, had more high speed turn than I expected and didn't feel good in my hand. Anyway...

The highlight of the round was definitely hole #7, pictured below.

picture.php

I threw the Aero like I would normally throw my Aviar drive. My throw was a little left of my preferred line and I thought that the disc would hit the big protector tree on the left of the fairway opening. But the Aero just kept going straight, with just a slight right turn, avoiding the tree. Once it cleared that tree I knew that it had a chance and, sure enough, it slammed right into the chains for my first ace of the year!

So it was a great day on the course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts