• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we still have a foot and a half of snow on the ground in lots of places on my home course (see below), I shot +4, didn't lose any discs, and even put a ~100 ft shot on hole three in for a deuce. I didn't intend to hit the line that I did.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1033

Saw more Terra Firma today @ Burgess Park! Lots of 2 foot snow in the brush, but teepads are all clear. No lost discs in my group!

Carded a +1 55... Par the first 12, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par, Par, 40 ft Birdie.
Happy with the round, hit 16/18 drives, only left 2 putts out there. 2nd shot on 10, toughest hole, flicked a beat 171 X Comet 100 ft around a few trees and parked it for par. Hit a 400 foot drive only hole you can, and made a sweet putt to finish the round.

Did better than last cash (by 2 strokes) in Open at a CTier with 40 open players.

I am not exaggerating when I say I DID NOT MAKE A SINGLE PUTT OUTSIDE 25'... and missed 3 or 4 inside 25'... Its a really hard way to play. Having a few holes where you manage to scrape yourself to the circles edge for an birdie on a TOUGH (only 2 birdie 4s on it) par 5 and cannot capitalize, on top of 3 putting 3 or 4 times... just leaves a lot on the table.

That said, it was my second PDGA event in 4 years and I cashed in both :hfive: but some reason my putting still struggles seriously under pressure.
Hopefully my new practice routine (the Finnish putting game) will help put some more pressure into my putting routine.

Now to find out how to allot time for more sanctioned events now that I am trying to compete seriously for the first time in 6 years.

Played Brandy Lake in Minocqua Saturday night, only played nine cause my friends were party poopers. That being said, even though its a very short course, I was exstatic to shoot a -3. I am really seeing my improvement taking place seeing that i can place so many drives close enough to the basket for easy putts and drop in birdies, especially with the narrow tunnel shots there. Now I have to wait anothet week or two to disc cause my ski hill course still has lots of base snow left :(

Played my Sunday doubles league, super windy day and we thought we were doing all right playing par coming into the last hole #20. Turn the corner to get to the tee pad and it is just a monstrous headwind and its about a 350 foot hole where 200 feet of it is over a lake. The first group that was in front of us were all sitting waiting watching us throw and we knew they must have put a few in the water. After watching the 3 people in front of me throw into the water I decided **** it I'll tomahawk my epic and at least clear the water and just hope it lands somewhere playable. Well I cleared the water but landed up on a bridge OB. Team mate went in the water. So we all throw off the OB tee, I end up on the same damn bridge and team mate lands where I did as well just inside ob behind 2 huge ass trees. Both of our approaches landed short pushed down by the wind and we missed our first chance to putt then finally got it. So we went from playing par to a +4.:wall::sick: I tried to get them to remove 20 from the scorecards but it didn't work.

The group behind us a guy threw a disc and it rode along a fence line on the side of the lake then poped up and went over the fence that was really weird.

played in a birdie bash this weekend. Really enjoyed both discs, i went with ibex and VP. finished with 18 and 20 points in the two rounds. Winner was at 55, so well behind that but still pleased.

the round started out with such promise, a nice first drive and drained an 80-footer to birdie a hole I've never birdied before. had another great drive on hole 2, but proceeded to sh!t the bed after that. Took a 6 on a hole I rarely bogey, a couple 5s and lots of 4s. finished the day with a +10 when my average is somewere around +1. the approach game was pretty dialed in, but driving and putting were pure garbage. tourney season here I come :gross:

I put in 4 rounds this weekend, and I'm mildly sore all over. Generally played to my averages, with one round coming about 3 strokes under what I usually shoot. 2 of the rounds were a mixed doubles tournament with my special lady. Her first, and she's already signed up for two more! ...guess I'll be getting some caddy practice in!

I am just glad to be able to say this - I FINALLY got out for my first fieldwork session of they year today. It has been sorely needed as my winter league scores have been going down the crapper without regular practice.

Last week with the melt on I shoveled a ton - including a tee pad (where i have to throw from in my yard is under 3-4' drifts that wont thaw for a long while) as well as a 250' path across my yard to my landing zone. Warmed up this week and that is melted down to the grass/mud. Threw an old carpet over the mud on my "tee" and let it rip.

Now if only it would finish melting and the newly formed lake would dry up so i didn't have to wade in 4" of water to retrieve them. Oh well - practice is practice.

Played in the Mulligan Stew event at Blue Ribbon Pines course in East Bethel, MN. I believe there was over120 players and a good time was had by all. Having never played the 27 hole course I feel I did well shooting a bogay round. I played fairly new discs and used my new jogging stroller to carry my bag (what a back saver). My group I was with were terrific and can't wait to play this course more this year.

The first round of 2015 felt great! I must say, disc golf must have released endorphins in my brain because I am ecstatic! It genuinely feels wonderful to get out and play for the first time in a long time. I shot pretty well despite being rusty (58). It was a beautiful day and I couldn't ask for more.

Seriously... I am so effing happy I got to disc today with friends that rarely play and it was great! Pup got to run around and fun was had by all.

Played two rounds on a local 9 hole course. Scored mostly pars with a bogey here and there. Got some new discs over the winter so I'm just trying to get acclimated. Threw a couple huge bombs with my Frost River today, which was encouraging. Putting was so-so. Didn't make any outside my normal range but came close a couple time. My approach game is slowly improving which is super important to me. I'm getting better at stand-still approaches to the basket. Also throwing my putters more on approaches and teeing off with putters/mids more which is nice. I am still at the point where I can see my improvement everyday which makes it enticing. Hoping to play an official event some time this year.

I am just glad to be able to say this - I FINALLY got out for my first fieldwork session of they year today. It has been sorely needed as my winter league scores have been going down the crapper without regular practice.

Last week with the melt on I shoveled a ton - including a tee pad (where i have to throw from in my yard is under 3-4' drifts that wont thaw for a long while) as well as a 250' path across my yard to my landing zone. Warmed up this week and that is melted down to the grass/mud. Threw an old carpet over the mud on my "tee" and let it rip.

Now if only it would finish melting and the newly formed lake would dry up so i didn't have to wade in 4" of water to retrieve them. Oh well - practice is practice.

Arrgh.

Two days ago there was more snow than grass in my yard.

Yesterday there was finally more grass showing than snow...with a touch of standing water.

I look out this AM and there is more standing water than grass showing. My normal landing area for fieldwork is 4-6" deep with nowhere for the water to go until the ditches clear with ice.

It is progress I suppose - but I was hoping to get more than a day of good fieldwork in before it gets interesting. Now to figure out what area I can salvage (drivers are definitely out) for today's session.

Took my Wraith out for a spin for the first time in probably a year and it was doing work for me. I bought it before I was ready for it, but I was able to get it to turn and fly more like it should yesterday. At AJ Jolly it helped me get a simple up shot for hole 1 and almost inside the circle on hole 4. For a moment I thought it was going to turn out into the water but it faded back nicely for a tombstone landing. Easy to do since the ground is soaked. I played water hazard hole 2 for the first time and threw a Opto Claymore over the water no problem. Threw a nice forehand on hole 11 for a birdie look with my G* Teebird. I really like that G* for flicks. And finally, the last throw I was fond of was a hyzer flip GL River that landed 15 feet to the left of the pin on hole 17. It's a mild tunnel with a low ceiling, up and down 310ft hole. It was the first time I ever reached the basket there. :clap:

Carded a +3 57 in league... 5 Bogeys 2 Birdies 11 Pars.. meh...Just missed cash with last years handicap... Left 5 putts out there, 4 20' and 1 10!!. Drives and approaches were on point, I didn't let the missed putts mess with my head. Recovered on each bogey which helped keep the double bogey free round alive. Great group, good tips given and received, everyone shot equally mediocre: 57, 57, 57, 56. Got my game plan of field work for the next week, and it includes only Wizards!

Hit both Plymouth Creek and Blue Ribbon Pines after a GGGT trip with some buddies. Shot 34 strokes at Plymouth Creek and shot an 86 stroke round at BRP, par was 87 today. Pretty solid rounds considering I was using a fresh Champ Thunderbird, a fresh Champ Tern, and a fresh SP Torrent. Surprisingly, my most thrown disc at BRP was the Champ Gazelle, and it was absolute money, even into the 15 mph headwinds.

Played two rounds at Hansen with a couple of friends today, shot a 35 stroke round followed by a 33 stroke round. -3 on the day. My R-Pro Aviar made mincemeat of the cones, always a good feeling.

-2 for my best finish so far at my home course (course par, 63 overall). Got an A-Tier coming up in April I wanna be ready for, my goal is to not suck, and to finish in the top 50% of intermediates. Also threw my longest drive of 403 feet measured with uDisc with my Katana, and parked a few holes I usually don't reach off the tee pad. Overall a good productive day. My 15 year old his +5, which is his best overall as well. Emptied the bag on several holes trying to weed out some discs and get some ideas for disc selection.

Got out for the first time on the local park course summer layout. Didn't keep track of score, probly a couple over. I was just happy to be out of the office in fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts