• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a tourny today. It was at henlopen in de.

I was so disappointed. Played one round middle and one round long.

Its in the sand. So at least two mistakes from not upshotting standing still, four upshots from sinking into the sand and many sloppy putts for the same reason.

It was a lot of very high spike hyzers and long high anhyzers. Those are really not shots I've practiced so much. So i was overshooting a lot of holes and getting into horrible putting or ben upshot position because they appeared longer/ no course length info on sign.

My buddy showed me how to push down the sand to get a better surface, but not till after the tourny.

I finished 6th in adv, it cost $15 and i won $45 dollars worth of discs.

So disappointing in skill but had a good time as usual playing, td was great, speed of play pretty good and payout awesome.

One nova, one glow flat top roc, one flat top dx roc, one dx bubble top rox

Played a one round cash tourney yesterday. Finished with a respectable 1 under par 53. I didn't play horrible, but didn't play good either.

Extremely odd round today. Hit an ace, lost a disc, had some Terrible shots and some great ones. It was an okay round overall and very happy to get the ace too.

Played my first ever round yesterday at a beginner's 9 hole course. It was a little windy and I played like crap, but I loved it and can't wait to play again! I played with my adult son and we were the only ones on the course. I think I'm hooked!

Played my first ever round yesterday at a beginner's 9 hole course. It was a little windy and I played like crap, but I loved it and can't wait to play again! I played with my adult son and we were the only ones on the course. I think I'm hooked!

Welcome to the addiction!
All it takes is one good shot every now and then, and we stay hooked. :)

Welcome to the addiction!
All it takes is one good shot every now and then, and we stay hooked. :)

Ain't that the truth. I can shoot 17 horrible holes, then have one parked or hit off the basket and disc golf is the greatest game all over again.

shot -1 yesterday in the drizzle and wind on a muddy course. Had some God awful throws, and had some pretty nice ones too, most were just good enough to save par. My putting is still absolutely atrocious. I've got to spend some time putting and practicing. I have been working with a new bag of Lat64 and DD stuff so maybe that's an excuse, not really sure yet.

Shot well yesterday and won the top tag back in our town. Made some awesome step putts from outside the circle but made some bad shots and putts...3putted even. Definitely working on putting all winter. Can make up many strokes on my scorecards by making even 50% more putts.

sisyphus, thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks and have been thinking, "Man, these guys seem to really be into this disc golf thing..." After my 1st round, I'm starting to understand...

played overall well for the weekend.

Friday shot +2 (average)
Saturday even
Sunday even, -8 in doubles, -2 after the round and a crapy +7 on a quick nine before going home.

Drives are starting to get longer and putting still sucking like it has the last couple of weeks. All the rounds were a battle not a gimme so all and all I was very happy.

Winters here let us play all year. Thinking I have one more tourneyment for the year coming up then it down time to work on form and expand the putting circle some (interested in more of a straddle putt aproch)

Didn't feel like playing today, made myself go out and just try and relax, anyway. Ended up shooting my best round ever at the course I went to (Emerald) with an -8. That was with one Bogey from sawing off a drive that went OB on 9, too. Good day!

Even though score wasn't great I played good for me because I improved tremendously on the course I played.

Had enough time to head out and play one round out at Highbridge, and the weather was good for it. Played Granite Ridge and shot 5 over. Man that course is fun... tried some new shots on some holes that worked out well for me, and had many birdie opportunities, and I was able to can four, which is the most ever on this course for me. Unfortunately I had a couple nasty double bogeys, and a handful of singles. I was so pumped to make it up to 10 feet from the basket on that huge uphill par 5 on no. 18, and my putt for par hit chains left-center, went through all of em, and skipped off the rim. That was really frustrating seeing as my putt wasnt bad at all really, and that would've been my first par on that hole.... dirty rotten expletive loanshark lying basket....

Oh well I guess thats the way it goes. Was thowing forehand drives great today, which was awesome cause I thought I lost it but I've got it back, it was the sole reason for two of the birds. Had much more opportunities for birdies that I never had before to begin with so even with missing some its still a welcomed improvement.

The weather was very cooperative and I am stoked that I was able to get out there mid workweek :)

I won my 82nd pro tourney this weekend! I played great, but the ratings don't reflect that. Not enough good propagators at the tourney to help with the ratings.

Played Highland Hills on Monday. I hit chains for the second time in a visit there but it spit out. It was the shortest hole this time so it wasn't that disappointing, but it is that kind of hole everyone should ace at some point since it is only about 100ft. Threw my beat up Aviar on an anny and it caught the left side of the chains, but it wasn't good enough. Finished +2.

Went 12 over on Highbridge Gold, but had fun nonetheless, still better than the first time I played it though. Had a blast on hole 8.

Then played Woodland Greens and finished with a personal best of 2 under. Started strong with three straight birdies, and got a little shaky on 8 and 9 with a bogey and double bogey, but held it together and ended the day with six birds on the round. Also was very happy to finally get at least a par on number 17.

I played like the world was gonna end! It snowed here a couple of days ago, and it made me realize that nice days gonna be few and far between, old man winter beckons. Today was gorgeous, so I made a day of it. I bagged some discs of mine that do not get enough loving (bagged an Opto Scythe, Champion Mamba, Z Avenger SS, 400 F3, Z Xpress, Champion Roc3, still brought my trusty Aviar along) and went to Plymouth Creek. There was a ridiculous amount of leaves on the fairways, and I was terrified of throwing beyond my line of sight and losing one, so I played safely. Still shot a 30 stroke round. I decided to try my luck at Bassett Creek instead. I more or less had the course to myself, so I had a little fun, throwing multiple discs after my initial tee shots. I forgot how fun it is to throw something goofy understable like an Avenger SS, or Xpress. Obnoxious flips aplenty, many of which landed on the wrong fairway, but much of that was due to wind, which obviously is a bad plan for understable plastic. Most of my first shots (the ones that counted haha) were handled by the baseball bat reliable Scythe, which has gotten a lot longer than I remember, it can hit lines that I normally throw with something like a Wraith or Hurricane. It still has that delicious Scythe cut fade late in its flight too. I played 3 rounds at Bassett Creek, finishing with 42, 43, and 40 strokes, respectively. Nightfall came rather quickly, and since I had my lights and my beater Champion Viking in the car, I decided to go back to Plymouth Creek. Finding a lit disc in leaves at night is 1084746264846 times easier than finding a disc in leaves during daylight. Due to this, I had an absolute blast, throwing with reckless abandon, going for stupid high risk/high reward lines that rarely pay off but are joyous when they do, just having fun. It started raining, but it did nothing to deter me. Before I knew it, I had played 5 rounds in a row. I didn't even bother keeping score, I was having too much fun. I played a grand total of 107 holes today. Good to know I can still gut out marathon days like when I was young haha.

Rainy disc golf does not bode well for my flick. Birdie Bag is a godsend on days like this. Shot 7 over in a heavily wooded course in pouring rain this afternoon. I shot better last night in the dark during a late Halloween glow round. Now with DST change, it's gonna be glow rounds after work for the next few months anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts