• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sold a Course This Morning

Sadjo

* Ace Member *
I was given a lead on a possible course in my area and made a phone call to talk with the person wanting a course. Went to meet him this morning he had already made the mental decision to buy a course but wanted somebody with experience to look over 3 different parcels of property and help determine which area would be best for a course and how many holes could the property handle.

After 2 hours looking at property, is will be buying 12-baskets and several sleeves.

I think this might be my fastest sale of a course ever.

Only thing that I don't care for it is another private course that will not be open to the public. My second course this year that is 100% private.

Well done. 100% is kind of a drag (for the general public) but I suppose it could possibly lead to other courses down the road.

I'm still patiently waiting for your dissertation on tournament sponsorship funding. :)

What's wrong with 100% private?

The disc golf community is not losing a course, they're just not gaining access to a new course that's going in. They're no better or worse off than they were before. If I had the land to build my own course, I would not open it up to the public, would rather just have it as my own private DG playground.

What's wrong with 100% private?

The disc golf community is not losing a course, they're just not gaining access to a new course that's going in. They're no better or worse off than they were before. If I had the land to build my own course, I would not open it up to the public, would rather just have it as my own private DG playground.

Seriously? I would most definitely open it to the public (just ask that they keep it clean and be respectful)... I don't think it'd be fun at all having your own closed course.

Seriously? I would most definitely open it to the public (just ask that they keep it clean and be respectful)... I don't think it'd be fun at all having your own closed course.

Yes, because asking is all it takes.

If a place or a person doesn't want unknown people on their property, private works. You get a great course that's YOURS to control.

I agree with brad's post.

I'll post some pictures once we're rolling. It is a Christmas Present to some children...so work will begin on design immediately.

Also agree with Brad Harris.

Sometimes private course owners aren't able to be on property all the time, and dislike the idea of randoms wandering around their digs when not there.

Only thing that I don't care for it is another private course that will not be open to the public. My second course this year that is 100% private.

I've been part of putting in 9 courses over the years. All 100% private. So I know how you feel. You want to show off your course designing skills to the public, see what kind of ratings they would get on here, but the courses you designed will never be listed:wall:. I'll just have to keep putting in work trying to get in on designing something public.

i have a course half built, but 6 very playable holes, here at my house.
i cant even imagine having the general public here at my house
have you met some of these guys that play disc golf?

i have a course half built, but 6 very playable holes, here at my house.
i cant even imagine having the general public here at my house
have you met some of these guys that play disc golf?

Agree 100 percent.
Disc golfers are scum of the earth. Haha not all of them but enough that we deserve the bad rap we get.