• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Sole vs Summit

punch

Bogey Member
Which one is better for putting Sole or Summit? Is the glide pretty noticeable between the two?

Depends how you like to putt. Sole starts pretty overstable. It'll EVENTUALLY work into a straight flier with some really good glide. Summit is out-of-the-box understable. It is dyeing to turn over from the minute it leaves your hand. From inside 20 feet you ought not see much difference, so if your talking about a circle putter, pick whichever feels better in you hand - flat topped Summit or more traditionally shouldered Sole.

Love me some soft summit.
1. Best grip ever
2. Minimal low speed fade so you can go straight for center chains
3. Love the shallow grip - YMMV
4. Hits and flops - minimizes roll aways
5. Great for turnover approaches that finish right.

Love this putter.

If you're looking for a driving putter you can rip on this is not the disc but does 1-5 with finesse extremely well. My 2 cents...

Summit is a great spin putter and great turnover/ hyzer flip drive putter, and approach out to 200' . Sole is great wind putter, and hyzer approach shots.

I'd try to figure out what style of putting you are first:

1) Push-putting
2) Spin-putting

Spin-putters will use the Summit, Ridge, and VP. Push-putters will use the Sole.

Love me some soft summit.
1. Best grip ever
2. Minimal low speed fade so you can go straight for center chains
3. Love the shallow grip - YMMV
4. Hits and flops - minimizes roll aways
5. Great for turnover approaches that finish right.

Love this putter.

If you're looking for a driving putter you can rip on this is not the disc but does 1-5 with finesse extremely well. My 2 cents...

Pretty much this. I've not thrown a sole but I love my summit. Being so US keeps it straight for true putts. Excellent for turnover approaches or holding big anny approaches. And....I LOVE flat & shallow discs.

Well, a Sole feels a lot like an Aviar P&A in the hand. But is more OS to start. I have one that took a solid year to beat to straight and floaty, but it is straight cash money now. I Spush. But I really use the Sole for longer spin-putt runs, anny approaches, and hyzer-flip putter drives that I want to land and stick. I used to carry a Summit for anny type trick putts and high anny approaches, but my Sole beat into that role. And the Summit was too touchy for me as a US driving putter.

As stated, Sole will feel the most like an Aviar but does have more fade. The summit is a little more understable and very/flat and shallow. The Summit is probably a good choice for you, it'll be dead straight on a spin putt. And if you want some Vibram beef for windy putts, Ridges are fairly OS/lack glide, and VPs are glideless, "what is this wind you speak of?" bricks.

You can use the Sole for spin-putting, however you cannot use the Summit for push-putting, because flat-top putters don't glide as well as traditional dome-y putters.

Summit = flat-top
Sole = dome-y