• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Someone stole a disc right out from under me. UNBELIEVABLE

So my DG buddy and I were playing a round yesterday afternoon, and we let two teens play ahead of us as they were moving at a fast pace and we were just leisurely enjoying things. On the particular hole we were playing, it dog legged hard to the right and the basket was not visible from the tee. On this hole my friend and I frequently could shoot a birdie and put the disc within 10 feet of the pin. (Note that we wouldn't be able to see where our disc landed from the tee) Anyway, the two teens called clear and we heard chains clink. Thinking they had moved on, we both teed off. We were walking down to where we assumed our discs hit, and we heard a 'Yoohoo!". I looked up and saw the dumbasses holding our discs. They made a break for it and we didn't even make an effort to catch them, knowing it wouldn't yield anything. We gave the descriptions to the course and they are no longer welcome back. (If they dare show their faces again) It's a shame to see people like that ruining the game. They made off with a vibram O-Lace and my Disc Craft XL. Disgusting.

You should have chased them down and called the cops.

I once had a couple of young teens on the course near me run at a disc I had literally just thrown to pick it up and make off with it as though it were a foundling, but I yelled "that's my disc" as I walked up to it from the tee pad, and they broke off their run with guilty looks on their faces. This behavior is despicable, but not unheard of. The silver lining is that these teenaged scum can sometimes be intimidated out of their petty thefts.

Wow, I'm glad I live in the middle of nowhere, I rarely ever see teens on the courses.

This happened to me as well. Except it was that dastardly black lab thats always roaming one of my local courses. Tee off, disc fades and skips and a Labrador comes prancing from the trees and grabs my disc. I made no effort to catch him as I was too busy laughing my teets off.

I'm 29 years old.

I would have chased them down, taken the discs, and hopefully had a good ole 2 on 1 fist fight with em.

Since it's 2 v 1, the laws should be adjusted against beating minors.

I can imagine the teens will throw the O-Lace a few times and come to regret their decision.
Thanks for giving me a good laugh in all this! To everyone else, I probably should've chased them down, but it just didn't seem worth it. They're stupid and it probably wouldn't look great for me to beat up a minor.

This problem has sprouted up at one of our local courses. I choose not to play that course during summer vacation when the teens are bored and looking for trouble.

Being that it was a (pay) course with a staffed pro shop, maybe calling the shop immediately might allow them to catch the perps before they leave the course.

this happened to me a few months ago at one of my home courses, the pace of play was fairly quick and i left my upshot 8 feet from the basket, two teens behind me pick up the disc as im teeing off on the next hole which is only like 100 feet away from the previous holes basket. i go to my drive and realize i left it, i go back, its not there. i look over at the two teens behind me and one of them is carrying a disc the same color as mine, so i ask if they picked it up, they have kind of a delay in responding but they say they dont have it. dumbfounded, but still suspicious of them, i go back to my friends and ask for assistance in finding it, we let them play through... i notice when they are passing us one of them ducks behind some bushes. we go to find the disc and its just not there, we give up and go to the next hole. we realize at this point it was stolen, the two teens had left the course and were nowhere to be seen, they took my disc, denied having it, then when we were out of site, left the course with the evidence.

typing that made my blood boil, ive been over it for a while, i mean its just a $10-15 plastic disc, but it just reminded me that DGers can be scum too.

jack-wads

Just had this happen to our group yesterday at Mars Hill college course. Hole #7 is a long downhill shot. Campus buildings & parking lot at the bottom of the hill left of the pin. We usually throw a couple extra discs off this tee because it is fun to watch the discs fly all the way down the hill! Anyway a couple throws hyzered off left & landed in the parking lot. There were a few kids mulling around the area. All of a sudden two guys come running out of their dorm, grab two of the discs & take off running! One of the guys in our group saw them & was able to run down the hill (400 feet? or more) on a sprint to try & stop these jack-wads! One of the guys sees him coming & gets scared & tosses the disc away, laughs & says "Oh! I thought this was a freebie!". The other guy had gotten into his car & then picked his buddy up & sped off with one of our discs! We were so surprised & dumbfounded at this despicable act that we hardly had enough time to figure out what just happened! We barely got a description of the car! Just blown away at this one as these were college-age kids & the course right on campus grounds!

happened to me once though slightly different, while searching for a disc buried in leaves, another player came up and was also looking for a disc. he found mine first and took off with it. when i found the one he had described, i called the number. yeah, that guy had lost that disc months ago.

Had a friend drive and we knew right away that group of kids picked it up. We asked them nicely for it. You know what they said. So we hid and waited for them to come back through that part of the course. Sure enough, the kids started looking in the woods nearby, where they obviously stashed the missing disc. Oh yeah, there was a confrontation. Luckily for them no blood was shed, we decided to be the bigger men that day and not kick the crap out of them. Which was hard! My ego was more bruised from letting them go than losing the disc, which nobody ever found.

In front of us was a teen, an old man and a downs syndrome kid (maybe 12 or so). We had been held up by them for several holes, but it is a short 9 hole so we didn't ask to play through. On one hole, they just moved off 30 or so feet from the basket and loitered there. It was a short hole, so I went ahead and threw. My disc kicked off a tree trunk about 3' off the ground and skidded to within 10 feet of them.

As my friend was about to tee off, he said "hey did that guy just pick up your disc?" as I hadn't paid them any attention after my throw went safe. I immediately dropped everything and trotted down to the group just as they were approaching the next tee. I asked the teen sternly "Hey did you just put my disc in your bag?" to which he replied as he removed it "Oh, is this yours?" GRRRRR

I got my disc back with minimum fanfare, but I really wanted to punch the teen. I was more afraid of how the downs syndrome kid would react than any other consequence, but I'm glad I kept my cool. The old man acted completely detached from the situation during the whole affair.

Threw down on hole number 6 at Bradford. I threw my upshot and as it was a friendly round with friends threw my black MVP Vector sidearm as I was still learning to play the game. Everyone else threw their upshots and we all putted out.

My 2nd shot, the Vector, has actually landed under the basket. I forgot to pick it up. I noticed one hole later. I walked back to the hole passing a young man and his wife/girlfriend. They had a 5-6 year old girl with them. They were carrying some discs but the guy was also wearing an old backpack.

I asked if they'd seen a black disc under the basket on the last hole. The guy said No and kept going. Of course, I get to the hole and it's nowhere to be found. There's nobody else around and we'd seen no other players for almost all of the round. It wasn't crowded at all.

I start to head back to our group passing the "family" again. I ask if they're sure they didn't pick up a disc or maybe their little girl accidentally picked it up. His wife looked nervous and he just said he hadn't seen a black disc. They kept walking. If it wasn't for the kid I would have asked to search his backpack or made a scene.

No way I believe in less than 5 minutes some other person not playing ran across the disc and took it. I went back to my friends pretty ticked off. We were a big group (6) and they never caught up to us. Go figure.

I was playing one time left my disc at the last basket yellow eagle. I see A kid walkin with it I say hey did you just find that he says no. So I say may I please see the back of that disc becuase I knew it was mine kid would not let me see it. So I walk up closer to him an get a little loud so he throws it into the woods an runs away. I was so mad. An sure enough it was mine

So this is sorta related and i didn't want to start another 'what do i do with a found disc thread' - since we don't need another of those on here....

Yesterday i found an inked disc and texted that i found his teebird. Get the text back - "really? is it white?" Nope - yellow star, sent the pic and hole / course for where it was found. "wow - i don't even remember that disc (makes sense as its old enough that most of the stamp is gone) and have never played that course. Someone must have nabbed it and lost it. KARMA. You can keep it"

So I have no issue keeping it as i was given the ok - but it just seems weird bagging a disc with someone else's ink. What do you guys do? Cross it out? Try to remove it? Leave it and see if i can manage to lose it and find its way back home eventually?

Latest posts