• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sore Bicep

Bogey Member
I played 3 nine hole courses and 1 eighteen the other day and my bicep was very sore. That was the 1st time that has happened to me and I have played all these courses before so I was wondering if it was caused by something I was doing. I throw RHBH.

You might have been just trying to put too much arm into your throws. Then again, it could just be normal soreness. Sports medicine really isn't my thing, haha.

weird muscle to have get sore...when i was learning it was always shoulder and back that got sore.

From my upper peck to my should usually gets sore from making over 50 drives at the practice field. The only time my bicep hurt is if I do a lot of putting .

After playing 3 rounds my legs usually hurt the worst. Put some Flex-all 454 or some Active On , on it and it should start to feel better. After you use that stuff, just make sure you wash your hands before you take you next piss, or touch your girlfriend in any private places, or you will regret it.

Could be dehydration, or overuse, and/or lack of stretching/warmup, or your form might be off. I strained my bicep trying to throw lefty a few weeks ago although Im not sure if was just because Im not used to throwing lefty, or if it was form, maybe both.

It could be putting, and a pulled muscle if your follow through went too far and pulled your bicep

My bicep is the only thing that ever gets sore. I do throw FH though...not sure if that matters.

I consistently get sore in my upper pec straight through to my elbow. I know it comes from cranking the pi@s out of the disc. Every tee is a potential ace! My medicine for it is to go right back out the course the next day and throw even harder. I have been playing for almost seven years and it hasnt gotten better or worse.

The bicep muscle CONTRACTS the arm...no extension, that's your tricep.

It's more likely a muscle imbalance. Try doing some curls.

Also, make sure you hydrate and maybe eat some protein while playing. Some jerky will do.

\/\/

The biceps and pec muscles are where a lot of your "pre-loading" comes from... The whole reach back and the first part of your pull (when you are pulling into your chest) use the bicep. When trying to really crank them, or from a long day of usage, the bicep can get really sore. Eat a banana, drink some water, and stretch.

Also make sure your back foot is popping up after release and you are following through correctly. The pec and bicep have to contract somewhat after the hit to keep from over rotating the shoulder and elbow. Letting your back foot pop up dissipates the post hit energy away from muscles and tendons.