• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star FL

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Won one today, and havn't had a chance to throw it yet. If you have this disc, what do you use it for?

So how many discs did you win today? I'm just trying to get a gauge on how many threads your going to create.

Also long stable shots.

Flys like a really beat up firechicken

Midnight's a winner. How many did you win today, Midnight?

I won 3 discs today. I won two in a raffle at the tournament, and I tied for 1st place in my division in the Ice Bowl, so I also won an Aviar with an Ice Bowl stamp, but its on the wall, because this is the first tournament I have ever gotten first place.

I won 3 discs today. I won two in a raffle at the tournament, and I tied for 1st place in my division in the Ice Bowl, so I also won an Aviar with an Ice Bowl stamp, but its on the wall, because this is the first tournament I have ever gotten first place.

Congratulations

I have a Pro FL but have thrown the Star as well. Great for long gradual hyzers but can get flippy too. Much less overstable than the Firechicken. I like the thinner rim - it does what the wide rim drivers does but with a bit easier grip. Not a hugely fast disc with average glide. Very predictable.

Forehand distance shots.

You can throw it as HARD AS YOU CAN without worrying about it flipping over. Or at least, I can, some people could turn over a Boss with their forehands >.<

If I want a long straight shot and whale on it, I'm good for 300 easy with it.

Great job on the tourney win!! And was it actually a real ice bowl for you this year? The weather's been crazy.

As far as the FL, I have one in my bag. I'm still throwing mostly undertable plastic as I work my way up to more overstable discs. This is the most overstable disc in my bag. I throw predominantly RHBH. If I throw it flat, it will go straight for a while and then turn left pretty hard. If I throw it with a lot of Annie then it's good for flex shots for me. I based my purchase upon Innova's description saying it's a good first overstable disc.

used to throw one....fl = firbird light or firebird less stable....used mine for str8, long fairway shots on long holes or slight dogleg left shots.

can someone explain how i flies...

innova's got a rating of 9,3,0,2 (firebird: 9,3,0,4)

so its a "straightened out" firebird?

at the same time, it hasnt improved the glide?

i ask this as i've recently picked up a predator, i really like it, but my only complain is that it's more of a long range driver than a fairway. It's a lot faster and throws like what you'd expect out of a speed 10 driver. i may try to get a much heavier disc.... It's exactly what i thought i wanted; now i realize that it's too fast, loose and more like a quasi distance driver.

I use it for overhand drives up to 250 ft and for upshots/drives in that range. It's a great disc, one of the one's I couldn't play without. I even have an ace with it (200 ft tunnel shot)!

used to throw one....fl = firbird light or firebird less stable....
more stable /less overstable:doh::wall:

let us know how it throws and what it compares to midnight , im still on the fence about buying one , i even started a thread to ask about it but didnt get alot info , some said it was good for sidearm but im more interested in BH.

oh and congrats on the win :thmbup: i didnt now theyed let people your age compete in the kiddie division:hfive::)

The Star FL (firebird long) doesn't like to flip... at all. Nice long staight drives with a little fade at the end. Very prdicable and reliable. To me it is like a straighted out Firebird with less skip at the end.

Latest posts