• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Grip Bag and Disc's - Albuquerque

I want to thank you all for your replys and words of advice. I will now always take my bag inside at the end of my day. It feels good to be supported by friends and the disc golf community when something like this happens. I have been contacted by several people looking to help me out with extra plastic, thanks to you all. One of my best friends and NM PDGA state coordinator - Marcos Castillo, is going to hook me up with a bag and some plastic to get me through while I start to build a new bag. Thanks Carnal.

I'll also check the local pawn shops, play it again sports, and all the local courses for my bag that has grown legs. My worry is this was a "grab and go". There was a vacant home for sale three doors down that was totally vandalized. Neighbors reported a suspicious vehicle around 230am circling the block. My mountain bike was also in the car, disassembled. This was moved around but not taken. I think some thief took it because they saw an easy backpack to snatch. My fear is that the thief(s) looked at my discs and personal stuff and threw it away because they don't know what they have. I spoke with the Police and they have given me tips as well. Thanks again to you all.

Here is what was in the bag -

Judge Putters - 2 classic, 1 blend
Z Drones - 1 Team Disc Craft Z Drone (ace disc) 1 Dynamic Disc Z Drone
Z Wasp
Z Buzz
Star Destroyers (4)
Star Vulcan
Star Beast

All the other stuff - windbreaker, waterbottle, buck knife, baseball, local maps, and minis.

May be worth it to stop by the local dump as well... Just give the guys who sort the trash a heads up to look for discs.

That sucks, AJ!!!! I notified the owners of both of the Play It Again Sports, NMDG sponsors, in our area and they will keep an eye out and call me the minute anything of yours shows up.
If you need discs to replenish your bag just let me know...I have a few extra Judges, Buzzz, Wasps and a *DS.

Just Friday I walked by your car and wondered how in the hell you fit a mountain bike in that thing. :|

Also, I've sent you a private message (PM).

Stolen Grip Bag - Albuquerque RETURNED!!

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I received a call from a local pawn shop on Wednesday afternoon, letting me know that someone had come in with my bag to sell. I had described it to the owner on Monday and low and behold, it walks in a couple days later! The kid who had it wanted to sell it for 10 bucks! The owner grabbed the bag and told the guy that the bag is stolen and if he wants 10 bucks, he would have to work it out with the police. Hahah, yes!!! All discs accounted for, personal stuff all gone but it's back baby!

Thanks to all of you who gave me words of advice and offers for replacement discs, it means a lot, thank you. Kyle, thanks for all you did as well, I really appreciate it. A special thanks to my buddy Marcos, he gave me his old bag full of new and used discs to keep me going. Appreciate it carn! Golf on!!

A.J.

I'm a little heart broken when I lose just 1 bagged disc. I can only imagine losing everything. Must feel amazing to get it back! Congrats!

excellent end to shtty situation, glad to hear it.

Happy Friday!

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I received a call from a local pawn shop on Wednesday afternoon, letting me know that someone had come in with my bag to sell. I had described it to the owner on Monday and low and behold, it walks in a couple days later! The kid who had it wanted to sell it for 10 bucks! The owner grabbed the bag and told the guy that the bag is stolen and if he wants 10 bucks, he would have to work it out with the police. Hahah, yes!!! All discs accounted for, personal stuff all gone but it's back baby!

Thanks to all of you who gave me words of advice and offers for replacement discs, it means a lot, thank you. Kyle, thanks for all you did as well, I really appreciate it. A special thanks to my buddy Marcos, he gave me his old bag full of new and used discs to keep me going. Appreciate it carn! Golf on!!

A.J.
:clap:

So did the pawn shop guy hold onto the kid until the cops showed up?

Stellar news! Excellent job doing your due diligence and alerting the proper establishments that it might be coming through.

Most pawn shops are great for grabbing stolen items when alerted.