• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stoney Hill Meetup, 11/15 - 11/17.

no. its where does my 8 month old stay. Sertoma is only 10 min from my Parents house.

Im not sure what im gonna do with him if I go to Stoney. I am pretty sure im not driving to Seneca, then down to Stoney, then back to Seneca and back to Gville.

I will try to make it happen.

I was just kidding. No apologies needed for any reason for not coming, and especially not for a very good reason like that. It just struck me as funny that you phrased it as something of a choice between the two.

(I just missed the Upstate Classic, which I dearly wanted to play and had planned on since the start of the year, to be at my 6-year-old nephew's birthday. Which was the right choice).

Last edited:
I'll be in a hammock so all I'll require is two trees which I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere.

The 18 hole Diamond layout and the 18 hole Quartz light layout make for a wonderful day of golf. Scorecards for each layout are in the donation box on hole 1. If you get there early Friday, then I would suggest the 24 hole Quartz layout. I will set up the mini golf Saturday.

It will be Bi-Lo by then..and possibly closed. I'm not sure on the dates but they are closing for a week to make the change over.. There is also Hawg Heaven barbeque restaurant just past Bi-Lo aka Piggly Wiggly.

Good point---travelers should stock up on food before getting here. I think the store re-opens on the 15th, but no guarantees.

Preliminary weather forecast, if you believe these 10-day things, is partly cloudy, highs in the 60s, 10% chance of rain. Let's all cross our fingers and believe.

I really hope you find a way to get out there man! You bring the (calm and safe) ruckus.

That's a compliment I'm pretty sure.

I'll be there, probably all day Saturday. I'd love to try and get two rounds in and maybe some mini action.

what's the best course in the Columbia area. i'll probably only be able to hit one on the way down Friday so I'd like to play the best one. the reviews don't really seem to set them apart all that much.

depending on what time we finish dubs on Sunday I might go north and play All-Terrain if I have the time.

Earlewood, Southeast, or Crooked Creek, depending on your taste.

Earlewood is an old school, short, fun course, with huge trees and big hills.

Crooked Creek is a nice wooded course, between Columbia and Stoney Hill.

Southeast is the most challenging and varied, still fairly new. It is, however, on the opposite side of Columbia from Stoney Hill, so a bit of a detour for anyone coming from the north or west.

I like Crooked Creek better than Earlewood.

but Earlewood is an OG course. the baskets are probably older than you.

We've bumped the weather forecast up to highs in the 70s, and scheduled a full moon for the campers' benefit.