• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

I know it was just released, but when will the Pilot be released in premium plastic?

I picked up a trace in Neutron. The plastic is a bit translucent which I have never seen from any other neutron. I mean its not like proton translucent but if I can see through it in the right lighting. Thats not to say I dislike it, the disc feels good in the hand and I got a couple of throws in bad conditions with it(snow). It seemed more stable than the sheriff I picked up, but again hard to say in bad conditions.

166g Neutron Trace, 174g Eletron Pilot;

Streamline's entry into the disc golf market started out with two smash hits! The Electron Pilots are great straight flying, torque resistant, stable putters. Truly a "holds any line you put it on" putter. For throwing, they have incredible glide and stability, flying very straight without turning over and finishing with a very mild fade. They will hold an anhyzer to the ground and also stand up to a hyzer without flipping up much. For putting, they are incredibly straight shooters which can give spin putters extra confidence from outside the circle with it's glide giving easy extra distance. With the perfect neutrality of it's flight, it will perfectly show you your mistakes. If this disc doesn't hit chains, you know it wasn't an issue of fading out too early or turning from higher speeds.

The Neutron Trace is simply a thing of beauty. The Neutron plastic without overmold feels like seasoned Star plastic right out of the box and the Trace flies like a seasoned Wraith. Thrown flat, the Trace shows a mild turn with a gentle finish, and superb glide. It seems as if the disc simply doesn't want to come out of the air. As a 400' max distance thrower, the Trace was giving me 380' with less effort than most of my drivers. My longest throw was GPS measured in at 410' on a flex line and still didn't even feel like I had to power it up as much as my DDx, D3s, or Destroyers. The Trace will take a gentle hyzerflip with ease or hold a big sweeping hyzer for it's full flight. Given some anhyzer, the Trace will carry for about 75% of it's flight before fading back to flat and finishing with a smooth, forward projecting fade.

Lastly, the three foil stamps are to die for! When I opened my package from Justin I was blown away. Reflective gold, holographic silver, and solid black that really makes the disc pop. Beautiful discs to match beautiful flights.

Truly the first two Streamline Discs to launch were smashed out of the park. If you're a Gyrohead and want to support Maple Valley Plastics, give some Streamline Discs a throw. If you're just an enthusiastic disc golfer who loves trying new molds but could never connect with overmold discs, these are very much a treat from a great company.

Cheers.

Has anyone tried thumbers or tomahawks with trace? Gyro made every mvp/axiom drivers do the barrel roll really slow and wide.. how the trace works?

Neutron Traces are money. Longer, worn in Wraith is the perfect description (AKA the CD3 killer).
Have Proton on the way and excited to see how they fly, too.
Definitely my new go to driver.
Too early to call it the release of the year? lol

Neutron Traces are money. Longer, worn in Wraith is the perfect description (AKA the CD3 killer).
Have Proton on the way and excited to see how they fly, too.
Definitely my new go to driver.
Too early to call it the release of the year? lol

I liked my Neutron Trace so much I ran up to Disc Baron to grab a Proton as well. I got a metal flake 174g Proton and it's definitely a bit more stable/overstable. I agree, this may well end up stealing the CD3's slot in my bag. It's surprising to have two new releases so close together that are so similar and I'm so excited for. Both phenomenal discs. I can see these two Traces working into being one of my most used drivers.

Yeah, for sure. Inertias took over the Beast slot for me, and now Traces will take over the Wraiths.
I'm pretty much set for distance drivers with those two.

If you mean Wraith, CD3, and Trace, I'm with you... but I'm not gonna pay a premium for the CD3 myself, lol.

Has anyone tried thumbers or tomahawks with trace? Gyro made every mvp/axiom drivers do the barrel roll really slow and wide.. how the trace works?

The Trace is in my bag as a longer range thumber disc. I usually throw thumbers as a short to medium range controllable approach shot in addition to a "get out of jail" utility shot. My disc of choice is a Champ Teebird, and I'd been experimenting with a Champ Thunderbird for just a little bit longer reach. The ThBird wasn't really delivering the flight path I wanted on a reliable basis, but the Trace seems to give me something similar enough to my Teebird to feel familiar, with just a little more reach.

I didn't love the Trace on backhand lines (nothing wrong with it, just nothing special about it either) but I'm looking forward to revisiting that opinion after it spends a couple months on thumber duty.

Couple more things I noticed about this disc. The glide on it is amazing which is always a joy to behold. On the Neutron ones the black ink on the stamp comes off if I so much as rub it with my thumb. I am liking this disc and it may make my bag but a bit more testing is in order first

Couple more things I noticed about this disc. The glide on it is amazing which is always a joy to behold. On the Neutron ones the black ink on the stamp comes off if I so much as rub it with my thumb. I am liking this disc and it may make my bag but a bit more testing is in order first

Then don't rub it with your thumb. :p

No but seriously, if the stamp is that light, then the process has changed (possibly just for Streamline). MVP stamps have always been known for being stubbornly durable.

I just did some experimenting with my two Traces. Neither had any issue with stamps coming off at all, even under an abrasive cleaning cloth we use here at work on injection molded parts to remove flashing and create matte texture. (granted, I didn't really scrub down hard with the cloth)

I have, however, noticed that the two Pilots I have both have a little bit of fallout where the foil of the stamp didn't completely adhere to the plastic. Not a big deal, but on both of the discs, the lightning bolts around "Electron" have little spots missing and the Streamline logo is a bit spotty. They still look cool as hell with some sick 3-foil stamp work. :D

One thing I like about Streamline is that the mold the names into the rim, just like MVP. There will never be the guessing game like most other brands if the stamp happens to wear off.

Latest posts