• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Superstitious?

I've got a few. I always carry my own bag, my wife always asks if I want her to carry it when we play, but I have to carry my own bag. I still keep the 1st disc I ever had in my bag. It never gets used but I still lug it around anyways. I always set my bag in the same place by the tee every hole. And I always start at the back left of the tee. I'm sure I have more but I can't think of any. Yes, I have issues, lol, that's why disc golf works for me.

im not really superstitious. at least not with DG yet. however i do some strange things on the course. im pretty particular with how everything is arranged in my bag, and i constantly spin my driver on my finger. Before most putts, i have to look at the basket and then look away three times before i throw. and before i start hole 1 i do some quick yoga on the tee. that usually draws some strange looks. and when ppl ask i just tell them im stretching, but its really because it relaxes me helps me get in the zone.

If I pull a disc to throw, then change mind about it, I'll throw it back into my bag. If that disc doesn't land in my bag, I throw it as planned.

I don't know if this is just me, but my discs always have to be in the same order in my bag and facing the same way. If not it really bothers me mentally and I fix them ASAP.

Don't feel alone on this one. I am the same way. Don't know why it bothers me, but if they're all messed up...my game goes to poop! Also, i hate it when people carry my bag or pick it up after a shot to carry it to me. Wiggs my mind out. Especially if i play with someone who is using my discs for the round. Also, If i don't have a dip in before the third hole, BAD juju...very bad juju.