• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tampa Bay area end of January

notroman

* Ace Member *
Well, I got tired of the cold and bough tickets to Tampa for the weekend of January 28-29 (flying back afternoon of January 30th). Hoping the weather stays clear and I get to throw some discs. Right now I'm leaning towards playing Picnic Island and Cliff Stephens. Any other courses that are an absolute must to play?

Also, if anyone can recommend fun stuff to do besides disc golf I'm all ears. I will be staying at Clearwater Beach and will have a car. So far I'm lining up a couple breweries to try in the area and a stop at the Clearwater Disc Golf Store.

Taylor Park is a nice course and Cypress Point is challenging. Both are favorites and could be busy on the weekend. Those would be my recommendations in addition to PI and Cliff which are musts. :thmbup:

You are going to do that in two days...

Sorry man to be frank with you but why did you book a flight for only two days..

You got at least make it like a four day weekend kind of thing.

Taylor Park is a nice course and Cypress Point is challenging. Both are favorites and could be busy on the weekend. Those would be my recommendations in addition to PI and Cliff which are musts. :thmbup:

Thanks! Any leagues or anything I should be aware of?

You are going to do that in two days...

Sorry man to be frank with you but why did you book a flight for only two days..

You got at least make it like a four day weekend kind of thing.

Not sure how to answer that. I did it because I wanted to?

Thanks! Any leagues or anything I should be aware of?

At PI on some Saturday's there is league play starting about 9 ish. I'm not on Facebook so I don't know which weekend they play. I try to start my round by 8 AM or early so that I'm finishing up before they start using the basket on #16 for practice putting. :thmbdown:

Cigar City Brewing on the other side of the bay. https://cigarcitybrewing.com/

Thanks! I'll add that one to the list. For now we were just going to check out the breweries around Dunedin. Let me know if there are any others worth checking out or if there are any we should avoid? I prefer hoppy and sour beers, my girlfriend likes her stouts, porters, and barleywine.

At PI on some Saturday's there is league play starting about 9 ish. I'm not on Facebook so I don't know which weekend they play. I try to start my round by 8 AM or early so that I'm finishing up before they start using the basket on #16 for practice putting. :thmbdown:

I'll be sure to check out their Facebook page. I don't mind leagues but at this time I will probably try to avoid them since they usually have a pretty slow pace of play and not all groups are courteous enough to let casuals play through.

Last edited:

Latest posts