• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Trilogy

bradharris

Team Borderland
Silver level trusted reviewer
Every thread along the lines of "I'm joining Team Trilogy, help me replace my bag" eventually devolves into talk about Team Trilogy, might as well devote a thread to it.

So who here is on the team? What exactly is it? Why did you join? What perks are you getting for being on the team?

1. I am.
2. It's an independent team of Trilogy fans.
3. Because why not? Already met the criteria, so it was a no-brainer.
4. Camaraderie with fellow team members, both online and in person at events. Discounts on all stock discs at Dynamic Discs. Deeply discounted team stamped discs and apparel. Member point series with prizes.

That link goes to no Team Trilogy info, anybody else want to point us in the right direction?

How is this a scam? It's a great marketing move by Latitude 64 et al. Because it costs them NOTHING. Think about how much money companies pay ad agencies to do campaigns like this....and some fans are giving it to them for free. They literally have to do nothing. The fans will be the driving advertising force.

Brilliant.

How is this a scam? It's a great marketing move by Latitude 64 et al. Because it costs them NOTHING. Think about how much money companies pay ad agencies to do campaigns like this....and some fans are giving it to them for free. They literally have to do nothing. The fans will be the driving advertising force.

Brilliant.

Who said anything about a scam?

I think this is the best marketing campaign disc golf has ever seen.

Brilliant.

This has been my claim from the beginning. It's a great marketing tool the companies are using.
Call it what you want (Team Trilogy) but it's really nothing but good marketing.

Companies pay good money for spokespersons, these three are getting them for free.

Just to make sure everyone understands, Team Trilogy was not started by the companies, it was started by fans, it is run by fans, for fans. How the companies support the Team is up to them (ie. DD and discportal.com offering a discount), we didn't ask for anything and we would still exist if they didn't offer us anything.

I'm one of the fans that started the team, and continues to run the team, so if you want to know anything, just ask.

Too funny! Be careful out there people, next thing you know you will be riding your Trilogy plastic to a spaceship hidden by the Moons shadows!

I started team trilogy with my Striker, Medius, Core and Pure many years ago-- you guys are just catching up. :p

I'm one of the fans that started the team, and continues to run the team, so if you want to know anything, just ask.

I've read the agreement, but it really doesn't answer the most basic question: Why should I join?

As best as I can tell, the perks are really that you can (1) make believe that you're actually on a real DG team, and (2) knock a few bucks off Trilogy plastic from DD.

If there's anything more to it than that, it's certainly not advertised well.

Rules for the Team Trilogy Members only Facebook page:

-- Don't post something here that will force your Rep to get involved publicly (we're lazy, we don't want to have to do more than we have to).

:popcorn: They might want to update that last part...

I've read the agreement, but it really doesn't answer the most basic question: Why should I join?

As best as I can tell, the perks are really that you can (1) make believe that you're actually on a real DG team, and (2) knock a few bucks off Trilogy plastic from DD.

If there's anything more to it than that, it's certainly not advertised well.

We're not trying to advertise anything. If the Team as presented doesn't appeal to you, then don't join.

One thing I think it does for the game is encourages people to get a pdga membership and support the game. While I had no intention of doing so at my current level, team trilogy gives me a reason. Of course I want to support the game and do it regardless, but don't have $75 laying around currently

We're not trying to advertise anything. If the Team as presented doesn't appeal to you, then don't join.

You don't start a club if you don't want membership. You don't get members without advertising the perks of membership first.

You don't start a club if you don't want membership. You don't get members without advertising the perks of membership first.

You were already banned from the FB group for asking a legitimate question. Don't push your luck by doing it again...

Latest posts