• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee pad putter -vs- Putting putter?

I currently use a 165 medium summit for drives and a 174 medium summit for putts.

I carry a big bead aviar and an Ion in my bag still, but they rarely get used.

The Omega has me curious though. It has the same shoulder and profile as an aviar, but with a small bead, correct? Rather it IS an aviar, yes? The problem with that for me is that I love the low profile feel of the Vibram summit... I just don't think my small hands can go back to an aviar.

Putting: 175 Medium Anode
Driving: 175 Soft Anode (Or Zone for some utility shots/windy drives) True for FH and BH.

Currently using challengers for both

But wiz, ion and bb aviar are good for throwing

My fav putting putters are magics, alas, i cant find the kind i like regularly so i dropped them

Drive: SP Reef, CE Aviar, Z Challenger (occasionally a Super Puppy)
Putt: Cam Todd Challengers (always carry 2)

I like Ions and Wizards from the tee.

Putting I tend to pull out the SSS Warlocks if it's calm, wizard for wind.

Yes, all the KC Pro Aviars are big bead. They also used to run champ big bead Aviars but those went OOP a while ago.

Thanks. I have tried the 11x BB Champ but it was much more Flexy than stiff which I didn't like. Are they all like that? I am going to try a KC pro next and both Star versions after that. A new DX BB has such a consistant flight but the freshness wears off after about 4 trees:thmbdown: Thanks again for the inputt!:D

Based on this thread I'm going to the store this weekend to check out Gateway, MVP, and Vibram putters.
In your opinion which ones have the most shallow inside rim? (Meaning where you would place the pad of your fingers if you power grip it.)

Based on this thread I'm going to the store this weekend to check out Gateway, MVP, and Vibram putters.
In your opinion which ones have the most shallow inside rim? (Meaning where you would place the pad of your fingers if you power grip it.)

That description has Gateway Magic written all over it. Go with a soft or supersoft Magic. Anodes are very similar too.

Ever since switching from forehand to backhand, I use my putters ALOT more. It amazes me to think back and realize how unutilized my putters were in my forehand game. Backhand has opened up a whole new world of shot options for me.
With all the putter talk I've seen the past few weeks in the forums, I thought I would ask a question.

What do you use as your tee pad putters -vs- what you use as your putting putters?

For me:
Tee pad - I like to crank on ESP Bangers and Zones
Putting - Kc Pro Aviars and DX Glow Aviars

I'm just curious to know what others in the world prefer. :popcorn:

I use a champ Rhyno for my driving putter, the older r-pro has a nice feel as well, but the new stuff is weird. I've been playing with a neutron ion as a driver.

I'm using a sss wizard for putts.

Putting: Wizards
Driving: Opto Pures, Sinus APs, EZE Mercies, D-Line P2s.

I am trying to figure out which putters I like enough to keep in the bag. Pures have made the bag so far.

I'm kind of a weirdo when it comes to driving putters....I keep a bunch for different things..

Driving putters: 175 2nd Run Textured Ion; 174 CE Q-Omega; 173 Z Challenger
Putter: 173 Z Challenger
Utility Putter: 173 Z Zone

Driving: Evo/HPP Wizards
Putting: Medium Wizards

All are great off the tee, I just prefer using more durable plastic on drives.

Latest posts